Question Black screen on installation, 6700 XT, please help :(

PDHamer

Reputable
Oct 13, 2016
As you can tell by the title, bought a Gigabyte RX 6700 XT OC today plugged it all in and there is no signal to my monitor. Just upgraded from a 1060 (6GB) so I really wanna get this sorted out without having to wait a few months for a replacement as this is my last upgrade in my pc. I've tried using different cables, monitors updating bios, forcing PCIE to gen 3 but none of it has worked.

My specs are:
Gigabyte RX 6700 XT OC
Z390-A pro
I7-9700k
Cosair Vengeance 16gb 3600mhz

RM 850w power supply

To my surprise plugged it into another Computer with similar specs but instead running a I9-9900k with a Rog Strix Z390-E gaming motherboard, previously using a 1080 Ti and it worked fine.
So in short I'm kind of lost on what else I can do to fix this, any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? Did you use DDU to remove your Nvidia GPU driers prior to shutting down, disconnecting from the wall and removing the GTX1060 before you dropped the RX 6700XT in the system? Mind working with only the iGPU and see what BIOS version you're on at t the time of writing for your motherboard?

PDHamer

Reputable
Oct 13, 2016
Thanks for your help, but I ended up giving up with it so I'm gonna return this and just pick up a 3070. Everything but my graphics card is 6 months old so I doubt it would be an age thing. I hope your advice helps someone else.