Question Black screen on laptop after installing second ssd.

rtflddgr21

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
I recently decided to add a second ssd drive to my laptop. The laptop is an asus a15 tuf gaming laptop. It came with a 512g ssd and the slot for a second one. I wanted to add a Kingston fury 2tb ssd. Once it was installed, when I powered up the laptop, I only get a black screen. I have tried restarting the laptop, taking out the battery and doing a hard reset, and plugging an external monitor into the laptop. I get nothing. I figure either the display itself was damaged somehow, or the laptop won't finish powering up. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rtflddgr21

Honorable
Jun 14, 2017
I recently decided to add a second ssd drive to my laptop. The laptop is an asus a15 tuf gaming laptop. It came with a 512g ssd and the slot for a second one. I wanted to add a Kingston fury 2tb ssd. Once it was installed, when I powered up the laptop, I only get a black screen. I have tried restarting the laptop, taking out the battery and doing a hard reset, and plugging an external monitor into the laptop. I get nothing. I figure either the display itself was damaged somehow, or the laptop won't finish powering up. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have also tried removing the second ssd and that didn't help either.