Question Black screen on several browsers ?

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hi,i've noticed lately that when i open couple of browser tabs,picture blacks out completely,i mean on tabs themselves and not windows entirely,i've tried couple of browsers and same problem occurs,when u open couple of tabs if they are like 5-10 video ones or 50 % 50% its deemed to black out for some reason.
That problem doesn't happen when im gaming,getting microstutters here and there but i guess thats to fact that my 1660super cant follow up ryzen 5 3600...Once i've got stuck on debug light on cpu,and after that i've restarted pc and everything runs smoothly expect this problem im having.Also my cpu is undervolt 1.1 on 4.0 GHZ
My pc specs are:MSI B450 Mortar max,Ryzen 5 3600(with Arctic Freezer 34esports duo),16GB DDR4 3200MHZ GSKill Aegis,1660super Msi Gaming X(had it maybe like for 3 weeks,could that possibly be a cause?),and it all runs on BEQuiet Pure Power 11 600W Gold,fitted into Gigabyte C31 Glass case,and im also having AOC 24G2U 144HZ as display and Hisense TV as secondary input for movies and stuff :)

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hi,i've noticed lately that when i open couple of browser tabs,picture blacks out completely,i mean on tabs themselves and not windows entirely,i've tried couple of browsers and same problem occurs,when u open couple of tabs if they are like 5-10 video ones or 50 % 50% its deemed to black out for some reason.
That problem doesn't happen when im gaming,getting microstutters here and there but i guess thats to fact that my 1660super cant follow up ryzen 5 3600...Once i've got stuck on debug light on cpu,and after that i've restarted pc and everything runs smoothly expect this problem im having.Also my cpu is undervolt 1.1 on 4.0 GHZ
My pc specs are:MSI B450 Mortar max,Ryzen 5 3600(with Arctic Freezer 34esports duo),16GB DDR4 3200MHZ GSKill Aegis,1660super Msi Gaming X(had it maybe like for 3 weeks,could that possibly be a cause?),and it all runs on BEQuiet Pure Power 11 600W Gold,fitted into Gigabyte C31 Glass case,and im also having AOC 24G2U 144HZ as display and Hisense TV as secondary input for movies and stuff :)
It sounds more like the video card is being overly utilized. Are your graphic drivers up to date? What does the utilization look like when you are watching the videos?

Also, how old is the PSU? Sounds like either the GPU is reaching its limits or not receiving enough power… or just a driver issue.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
It sounds more like the video card is being overly utilized. Are your graphic drivers up to date? What does the utilization look like when you are watching the videos?

Also, how old is the PSU? Sounds like either the GPU is reaching its limits or not receiving enough power… or just a driver issue.
Yeah they are,latest drive is one from 22 august,and the psu is from if i remmember right,i've built this pc like at the end of 2020 :) Card was second hand tho,i knew from start that it was used in mining,and when i've opened her i've put Arctic Mx4 thermal paste,usually in gaming it goes like 73-75 at most on full load.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Yeah they are,latest drive is one from 22 august,and the psu is from if i remmember right,i've built this pc like at the end of 2020 :) Card was second hand tho,i knew from start that it was used in mining,and when i've opened her i've put Arctic Mx4 thermal paste,usually in gaming it goes like 73-75 at most on full load.
Oof. It could very well be the mining that causes it. When you installed the new GPU, did you first remove the drivers for the old one? If not, you could use DDU and try that.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So when this happens, as it did for me, how does one get the display back so you can mess around with drivers etc? I saw something about windows key+shift+ctrl+b but they isn’t working for me. The screen is still backlit so idk what is going on.
So… I thought you said only the browser windows turned black. If the entire screen is black, you’d likely have hardware failure unfortunately.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
So… I thought you said only the browser windows turned black. If the entire screen is black, you’d likely have hardware failure unfortunately.
Nah just browser crashes,and gets followed up by this message View: https://imgur.com/a/XeiQLx4

In gaming it works fine,gpu stays 72-75 at most,and cpu is like around 60ish degrees whille gaming without undervolt :) And yeah about drivers,each time i install new GPU i clean it with DDU uninstaller so something doesn't get left behind :)