Question Black Screen - PC still Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2023
So, I built my new computer back in March of 2023. The computer started crashing after about 10-20 minutes use where the screen would go back, but the PC was still visibly on. I found an article that suggested reseeding the RAM and GPU. I did that and it worked all day yesterday until the evening. The problem then persisted into today. It's not my monitors as my laptop works fine on those and all the drivers are up to date. Below are the parts I'm using as well as the errors I'm seeing. I'm thinking I have something failing with my RAM, but everything is fairly new so I don't understand how this can be. Any insight is welcome!

Parts:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B650M - PLUS WiFi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 16GB GDDR6
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 Series DDR5
Power Supply: NZXT C1000 PSU
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63

Errors:
On crash:
Event 10010, DistributedCOM: The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event 28, Kernel-EventTracing: Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

On boot:
Event 41, Kernel-Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS and check to see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

all the drivers are up to date
Did you install all drivers manually, in an elevated command? Speaking of drivers, what OS are you working with? Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Jun 30, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS and check to see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

all the drivers are up to date
Did you install all drivers manually, in an elevated command? Speaking of drivers, what OS are you working with? Where did you source the installer for the OS?
Hi Lutfij,

Thanks for the welcome message. My BIOS version is 0809 x64. I am on Windows 11 and installed it onto a USB directly from the Windows site, and then onto my PC. The Windows 11 registration key I purchased from Amazon. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
you have BIOS versions pending update. The one you've listed isn't shown on the page, meaning it was pulled for being unreliable.

Jun 30, 2023
you have BIOS versions pending update. The one you've listed isn't shown on the page, meaning it was pulled for being unreliable.
Hi Lutfij,

I've updated my BIOS to the newest version. I will report back here if the problem seems to be fixed! Thanks much for the catch! I was not aware that the BIOS required that type of update and assumed Armoury Crate would assist in that.

Jun 30, 2023
Hi Lutfij,

I've updated my BIOS to the newest version. I will report back here if the problem seems to be fixed! Thanks much for the catch! I was not aware that the BIOS required that type of update and assumed Armoury Crate would assist in that.
Hi Lutfij,

Again I've updated my BIOS to the newest version. Everything worked over the weekend and now the crashes continue to happen. I'm receiving the same errors. Any additional thoughts as to what may be the issue here?

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS