[SOLVED] Black screen suddenly

hatchman

Reputable
Jan 26, 2017
My PC was working fine a couple of nights ago, then in the morning the screen wouldn't come on and was black.
The monitor works, I've also tried swapping monitors, didn't fix it.
I took the whole computer apart, cleaned it, replaced the power supply, still didn't fix.
All after market fans and lights work
The GPU fans and lights work
The MOBO lights come on
I've cleaned the RAM and slot
I tried plugging the HDMI cord in to the mobo to see if it was GPU and still nothing.

Specs:

GPU: Radeon RX 480x
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix B350-F AM4....
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8 core 3.4ghz
PSU: new 500W EVGA
PCU:
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Vortex Pus
RAM x1: Corsair vengeance 16gb 288 pin DDR4

Solution
Hi hatchman.

The Ryzen 1700X does not have integrated graphics so plugging your monitor on the board won't work. For that you need a "G" series AMD CPU like the 3400G.

Have you tried a CMOS reset?

Could be the GPU that is dead. Test the GPU in the other PCIe Slot. If you still don't have a signal it's probably the GPU. Could test it in another system too or another GPU in your system.
Hi hatchman.

The Ryzen 1700X does not have integrated graphics so plugging your monitor on the board won't work. For that you need a "G" series AMD CPU like the 3400G.

Could be the GPU that is dead. Test the GPU in the other PCIe Slot. If you still don't have a signal it's probably the GPU. Could test it in another system too or another GPU in your system.

Solution

hatchman

Reputable
Jan 26, 2017
Hi hatchman.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The GPU is very large and will not fit in any other pcie slot unfortunately.

I did not realize that with the mobo thanks. I will probably try it in another pc tomorrow or another gpu in this build.

I'll post tomorrow after