Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
So during gaming my screen goes black, i could still hear discord friends and communicate, which means my cpu is working and all, but friends tell me that your game is crashed and im kicked out from the match, also my gpu fan rpm goes very loud when this happens , this used to happened when i smash my desk, i decided to put my pc under the desk on the ground, it's been good since then for 2 months untill today, black screen again.
i got concerned and tried to re unplug the pcie power connectors for the gpu, and made sure that the gpu is secured with the socket, it's all good, but still does this to me once a day idk how to fix it pls help.

Solution
r5 3600 (bad cooler)
16ram rgb pro corsair
aigo 650w
nvme 240 bad sata ssd and hdd
b450m ds3h
rtx 2070super kfa2 galax
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.),

• restart the pc to bios, then update to the latest bios, after update is done go to bios again and then...
So during gaming my screen goes black, i could still hear discord friends and communicate, which means my cpu is working and all, but friends tell me that your game is crashed and im kicked out from the match, also my gpu fan rpm goes very loud when this happens , this used to happened when i smash my desk, i decided to put my pc under the desk on the ground, it's been good since then for 2 months untill today, black screen again.
i got concerned and tried to re unplug the pcie power connectors for the gpu, and made sure that the gpu is secured with the socket, it's all good, but still does this to me once a day idk how to fix it pls help.
Full pc specs?

r5 3600 (bad cooler)
16ram rgb pro corsair
aigo 650w
nvme 240 bad sata ssd and hdd
b450m ds3h
rtx 2070super kfa2 galax
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, then update to the latest bios, after update is done go to bios again and then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled, and prolly wont available on your motherboard settings maybe?), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver , and then connect to internet.
  • open cmd as admin, then do defrag (your ssd volume for example C: , if there are others then do the same for other volume) /l /u /v, after that then the same but /o /u /v to your entire ssd volume, then for hdd just do the same for all volume but do /d /o /u /v only, wait till it finishes.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 (a2 b2) if its 2 sticks only, Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution
D

Deleted member 2731765

I second that. Most definitely, it's the budget/low-end PSU model which OP is using. Unless I'm highly mistaken, AIGO is a local Asian PSU brand though. Anyways, please get a HIGH quality PSU model form some reputed brand. Don't use this AIGO unit to power up such a high-end GPU, even though the card might be currently working fine.

NEVER skimp on the Power Supply unit. This is the MOST important PC component.

Last edited by a moderator:

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, then update to the latest bios, after update is done go to bios again and then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled, and prolly wont available on your motherboard settings maybe?), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver , and then connect to internet.
  • open cmd as admin, then do defrag (your ssd volume for example C: , if there are others then do the same for other volume) /l /u /v, after that then the same but /o /u /v to your entire ssd volume, then for hdd just do the same for all volume but do /d /o /u /v only, wait till it finishes.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 (a2 b2) if its 2 sticks only, Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Update:
so i reset my pc to win 11, then i've done every single step u told me
the only thing that's weird is my pcie cables, i opened my pc to learn abt the cables, but they don't look like the one in the img u showed, mine is only one big pcie cable not two, and at the end it has an extended 8pin, as u can see in this pic that's how my pcie are connected for the whole time.

i just finished the tweaking u showed me thanks alot, but i can't have CSM off in my bios , cuz valorant's ani cheat needs it on in order to play, and that's it.
i will reply if i get the black screen again, if it happens again i will be concerned abt 2 things, 1 the gpu, 2 the psu.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Update:
so i reset my pc to win 11, then i've done every single step u told me
the only thing that's weird is my pcie cables, i opened my pc to learn abt the cables, but they don't look like the one in the img u showed, mine is only one big pcie cable not two, and at the end it has an extended 8pin, as u can see in this pic that's how my pcie are connected for the whole time.

i just finished the tweaking u showed me thanks alot, but i can't have CSM off in my bios , cuz valorant's ani cheat needs it on in order to play, and that's it.
i will reply if i get the black screen again, if it happens again i will be concerned abt 2 things, 1 the gpu, 2 the psu.
if secure boot and amd ftpm enabled by default then csm is disabled by default

also like what others said, replace the skechy psu.