Black Screening Issue

ShiroPoint

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello All;

I've looked around at other threads before making this one, yet haven't been able to find a definitive answer to my problem, being my desktop blackscreening on boot, or after windows loads but before the screen to enter password.

Build Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4930K
Mobo: ASRock Extreme3 X79 ATX
PSU: Corsair RM1000 (2014)
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780's (2Gb blower model)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8Gb (32Gb's)

Given this problem started while in-game (ARMA 3), while playing, screen froze, green and black artifacts came up, screen resumed for 1-2 seconds then froze again. All peripheral's turned off. Recently updated to Nvidia's 376.09 driver via GeForce Experience.

Rebooted after issue and got to login, started to load programs then after a minute in, blackscreened again as soon as i tried playing game

Rebooted again, this time would only get to windows loading screen before blackscreening on the sign-in screen.

Talked to a techy friend, suggested i have a bad PSU and mentioned to disable one GPU and other non-essentials. This worked for about 10 minutes before blackscreening again.
I tried switching displays, to no avail. My motherboard doesn't have a port for VGA/DVI/HDMI, etc so i cannot use the onboard graphics.

Cleaned computer, reseated GPU's and RAM, still black screens.

Ordered a new PSU (Corsair RM1000i), hooked it up, tried turning on computer just to have my breaker trip every single time on multiple circuits. Figured due to 28 pin PSU to 24 pin ATX mobo and wasn't packaged securely during cold rainy day. RMA'd and reinstalled old PSU, computer booted and recognized new monitor and worked great for 10 minutes before blackscreening again, now i cant even see anything during boot.

TL-DR : Black Screening during boot, sometimes at login screen, and sometimes after successfully login.

Not sure where to go from here. Haven't used computer since due to not wanting to underpower components, could this be a Powersupply, Graphics Card/Driver or Motherboard issue?

Solution
Use memtest86 for at least 10 passes and see if you get any errors when running the test. You will need to breadboard your system with only the bar essentials meaning only one GPU as opposed to the SLI.

Can you stay within BIOS without experiencing any issues? If the system reboots while in BIOS then it's a PSU issue. With only one GPU, you're only going to need about half that of your PSU's output however I'd suggest you get a certified electrician and scope out the grade of wiring in your residence since the circuit breaker keeps tripping.

If all else fails, I'd ask you to use DDU and remove your GPU drivers and drop down to the last known stable driver. Black screening can also come about from...

Lutfij

Titan
Use memtest86 for at least 10 passes and see if you get any errors when running the test. You will need to breadboard your system with only the bar essentials meaning only one GPU as opposed to the SLI.

Can you stay within BIOS without experiencing any issues? If the system reboots while in BIOS then it's a PSU issue. With only one GPU, you're only going to need about half that of your PSU's output however I'd suggest you get a certified electrician and scope out the grade of wiring in your residence since the circuit breaker keeps tripping.

If all else fails, I'd ask you to use DDU and remove your GPU drivers and drop down to the last known stable driver. Black screening can also come about from bad drivers.

Solution