Jun 10, 2024
So my pc froze for a couple of seconds while a youtube video still running perfectly as the sound output indicated, a second later black screen, then the sound output started glitching, and finally the pc completely blacks-out but still running (all fans included) with the motherboard CPU light indicator on. At this point, I had no choice but to manually shut down the computer.

This is the second time that it has happened, previously the glitching sound was much earlier than this one.

In both cases, the pc then can be turned on again and works as intended with a slight incredibly unnoticeable drop in performance, or a stutter when loading a browser, or an arbitrary half a second glitching sound cue for example.

All the user manual processes leading up to the 2nd crash:
  • Internet surfing as usual, a couple YouTube videos and Twitch on Opera.
  • A game running in the background.
  • A folder explorer.
  • And a VLC player.

For the 1st it was kinda similar, but instead of a game, it's Photoshop. It should be noted that this was a normal usage before the whole crash fiasco, so the problem might've been something else.

A little bit more background, the problem started after i was cleaning the PC and taking apart the individual components, a little mishap happened where i plugged the monitor HDMI into the motherboard slot, not the VGA, resulting in a 2 power loss accident (i was panicking), then i plugged it into the correct one, and after i'm not sure which appeared first; an earlier boot went pixelated (the logging in screen with the correct image but blocky), or a blue screen containing the warning that it couldn't boot properly (possibly because of earlier power loss), though it was working perfectly after a reset, even when there was a power outage again a couple days after.

Well..... until the 1st black screen happened yesterday that is.

What I've done:
  • Cleaning the whole PC.
  • Reseated the RAM.
  • Repasted the CPU.
  • Running crystal disk, chkdsk, dism, and sfc for the OS/hard drive diagnostic (it's all fine thankfully).
  • Checking the Windows Event Viewer, only logged the power loss from my force shutdown.

And no, i dont have spare hardware for testing, even if i do, i had to wait for days until the crash occurs.

I'm suspicious that it is the VGA since it starts with a visual error, but the light indicator gaslit me otherwise, now i'm not sure.

My build specification is as follows:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Pinnacle Ridge
  • AMD Radeon RX 580
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666mhz 2x8
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus
  • Corsair CV750 750W 80 Plus
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME M.2
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Windows 10 Pro

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair CV750 750W 80 Plus
How old is your PSU in your build?

MSI B450 Gaming Plus
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

To be honest, your platform would benefit from a DDR4-3200MHz tight latencied(timing) dual channel ram kit.

Jun 10, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair CV750 750W 80 Plus
How old is your PSU in your build?

MSI B450 Gaming Plus
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

To be honest, your platform would benefit from a DDR4-3200MHz tight latencied(timing) dual channel ram kit.

Hey, sorry for the late answer. I've been posting to another forum since this one is unanswered (prolly cause the rambling, i'm sorry).

1. The PSU are fairly recent, one or two years ago since i upgraded it from Corsair 450W.

2. Late 2023/24 (quite recent), and it's been functioning normally for a couple of months.

3. Yeah i'm planning to buy 2x16gb DDR4 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX for some time now, though i had to find the crashing problem first.

Jun 10, 2024
This is the update i've been doing, incase anyone needs additional info:

CPU:
  • Cinebench2024_win_x86_64 - Doesn't work, it wont function.
  • CinebenchR23.2 - Function perfectly normal until the end.
VGA:
  • Furmark_2.3.0.0 - Function perfectly until the end.

MOBO:
  • HWiNFO64 - All the +5V, +3.3V (AVCC), +3.3 (3VCC), +12V, are mostly stable, never really had anything going over or lower.

RAM:
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic - 0xc000000f couldn't find \Windows\system32\winload.efi, which is funny because the computer boot up fine, is it even possible WMD failed to locate files?
  • OCCT Memory Test - The configuration were 80% MB load for an hour, the first ten or so minutes are all fine, then it crash? And blackscreen when i'm not there. Which made me suspicious that it's the RAM but the test usage were somehow using both 80-86% of RAM, and 100% of CPU.

Hardware Demanding Games:
  • Assassin Creed Syndicate - Completely fine albeit 40FPS on Ultra/Highest setting without any background apps.
  • Victoria 3 - Barely playing it, but it loads a little bit slower but can handle the overworld like normal without any background apps.
  • Rising Lords - An Indie title, but it lags extremely when hovering over the interactable elements, which at first i thought it might be an Indie bad optimization however after searching the bug discussion, apparently, i'm the only one who lags this much, when played with a background apps it almost crashed the PC (sound included) and using like 93% of the RAM, but even when i'm not running background apps it's still lags so much which is weird since this game should be less demanding or at least not lags extremely even with bad optimization.

TRENDING THREADS