BlackBerry Goes Old-School With BlackBerry Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jverducci

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
It is also worth noting that Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 MSM 8960 Blackberry is using with this phone is a dual-core. However that should not determine whether the phone is a success or not; I'd imagine they would not have picked it if it did not run well on the Blackberry OS. Taking away from personal experience, however, my last dual-core phone was one of the Motorola Droids and it was a terribly buggy/laggy experience. Android is different and I haven't used Blackberry OS before so it very well could be more than enough. Hopefully this isn't the final nail on Blackberry's coffin as their last failure ended with many lay-offs. Though this time, they're sticking with what (previously) worked, not going too far into "innovation" so hopefully this doesn't end up like the Passport.

Sorry blackberry, the grass really IS greener on the other side...

I had multiple blackberry's over several years (not a fanboy just happened to end up with blackberry's) but I got frustrated that all of the apps other people loved on their phones were not available in the blackberry app store. Infact like 90% of the apps people love are NOT available on blackberry which made me want an android. I love my new android and I will never go back. I did however like that my blackberry phones had an SD expansion slot. My phone could hold 32GB SD Micro + 8GB Internal = 40GB of music!

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
They still don't get it. Companies that have tons of BES5 licenses are not willing to buy new BES10 servers and BES10 licenses, they rather just have people bring in their own device and install Good Enterprise or Iron Mobile.

If the person looses their phone, well guess what, it is their problem. The company do not have to provide them with a new device.

Sorry but I don't see this bringing them back in the spotlight.

rdc85

Honorable
This what happen if they neglect quality... (and maybe late in embrace new tech)

as former user (have 3 of the phone)
i can said the build getting much lower each time i change the newer models,
It's only leave a bad memory about the brand, and will never buy them again..

their BBM is still useful thought, still like it..

b_goodbody

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Why have the display images been flipped in the two pictures of the phone? Does ithe Backberry give you the option to mirror flip your screen all the time or is this just really bad releasing of press material, proving that the images are just photoshoped rather than pcitures of the actual product working?

takmaze

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I switched to a Nexus 4 after the last Bold. I'd not go back to Blackberry again, purely because they ask outrageous prices for inferior experience.

actsai

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Sorry ship has sailed, keep blaming Thorsten if that makes you guys feel better, we've gone 2 mobille-generations (I count it as major Android versions) without a small screen keyboard centric devices.

I actually prefer non-touch keyboard mobiles (HDMI is one big plus) over the me-too form factors of Android/iOS/small players and even Tizen. But I am disgusted with BlackBerry's treatment of PlayBook and BB App World. One step forward, but due to Thorsten...

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Most people hating on BB haven't use them since the OS 5-7.1 days. Try a new model with OS 10.3.1. It will clean Android any day on speed with slower hardware. Put them side by side and you will see what I mean. The only thing holding BB back now is the bad reputation in the USA. If you walk around with a BB, people treat you like a weirdo. Its culturally unacceptable to carry a BB in public. People are going to hate it because their friends will make fun of them for owning one.

DiscaL

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
@sunflier Don't say that :~( I have the same broken nose!

Anyway, it's too late, oh Research In Motion. You have lost me as a customer for good, and I only use my old Bold as a spare phone without a BB subscription or a data plan on it! Your phones are costly, expensive to repair, and lack the adequate support. Please change your company name to "Corporate/Enterprise Phone" or something instead of BlackBerry, because fruity you are not at all!

ITFT

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2012
Dear BLACKBERRY!!!! Please make a new Blackberry TORCH as well. I will definitely buy it. Please make it the same size and the same thickness, just put a modern CPU, RAM, slighly better camera and a MASSSIVE battery, so it would hold the charge for 2-3 weeks in stand by mode. I'll definitely buy it. You made a Blackberry 9810 which wasn't successful because people who bought a 9800 were unable to upgrade, we were still on the contract.... Now quite a lot of people will buy a slider - it's practical and comfortable - IMPORTANT - keep it the same SIZE. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.