BlackBerry Priv Receives First Monthly Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
People who buy the priv want the keyboard. Security conscious people already own a blackberry so this device is meant more for attaching the average consumer which doesn't care about security which makes up 99% of the market.

mrmez

Splendid
You can run the latest IOS on a 2011 iPhone 4s, but you can't run Android 6 on a new phone?
Talk about fragmentation.

Nice to see they keeping on top of updates, but as alluded to, it's more about SEEMING to be invested in the phone than anything else.

The only people I know who use BB's are my family in South Africa who are all liek... "BBM ME YO!!!" Like they're still living in 2005, and they all use it for the keyboard.

panders4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
You can run the latest IOS on a 2011 iPhone 4s, but you can't run Android 6 on a new phone?
Talk about fragmentation.

Nice to see they keeping on top of updates, but as alluded to, it's more about SEEMING to be invested in the phone than anything else.

The Priv will get Android 6 soon enough.

Security updates should be standard operating procedure for everyone, but they're not. Security is a process.

DTEK has been very handy, too, in finding which apps abuse things like location data.

maya__

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
It is really great to know about blackberry.They are still surviving between ios and android technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.