Question Blackscreen after choosing Safe Boot from msconfig

Jun 10, 2022
I tried to boot into Safe Mode to uninstall drivers using DDU because i had issues with game drivers but everytime I tried to access Bios or Safe Mode, it showed only blackscreen.

Windows was booting without any issue. So, I changed from “msconfig”, boot option to “Safe Boot”, and then after the restart, it shows only blackscreen.

I have tried to remove CMOS battery for 20mins, reset CMOS, changing cables, monitor, RAM, removing SSD, changing Graphic Card, but no solution.

I also tried plugging USB with Windows installed to try and boot but no success and the motherboard lights are working but don’t show any red lights to indicate if there’s an issue.
All cables are connected but as I said after trying to select default boot mode to Safe Mode from “msconfig”, it’s been like this.

I don’t know what to do else apart from buying new motherboard

Ryzen 3600, RX 580 8 gb, 16 GB Ram, 700w Psu, 500 gb Nvme SSD.

Jun 10, 2022
Update: I fixed the issue by installing a new GPU that had GOP and signed firmware.
Then, I went to "MSConfig", and disabled "Safe Mode", and now my black screen on Windows doesn't appear anymore, but only on Bios, so I'll have to look for that.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What cable are you using? To connect to the monitor.

You btw don't have to use MSConfig to boot into safe mode, DDU gives an option in the software to reboot into safe mode, just use that and when done and reboot you will start normal again.

Jun 10, 2022
What cable are you using? To connect to the monitor.

You btw don't have to use MSConfig to boot into safe mode, DDU gives an option in the software to reboot into safe mode, just use that and when done and reboot you will start normal again.
I'm using Display Cable and I tried HDMI too.

I don't have to use "msconfig", but it wasn't working to restart in Safe Mode in different ways because of the black screen, so I forced the boot option to Safe Mode instead of Normal Boot.

So, that was the issue, but it didn't work because of the Bios update.

But, I fixed the issue with Windows black screen, so that's most important, and I'll try to find a way for Safe Mode blackscreen