[SOLVED] Blender constantly crashes

Jul 15, 2019
Both my monitors go black when rendering like they lost signal for a second and when they come back blender crashes.
As far as I know blender is the only software that can crash like this on my pc,I even tryed running aida64 to see if it was a power issue when cpu is loaded to 100% but nothing.
Parts:R5 1500x(oc-d later set to default but still not working)
gtx 1050ti
12gb ddr4 2133
Asus B350 Prime Plus
2nd monitor is running of of a gt610's vga port
All drivers and blender version are the same as when it worked(few months ago there was no problem)
Thermaltake 700W smart rgb
I tried command prompt's debug mode,but once blender crashes the pc just" forgets" that it was running,no debug info.

The only reason I'm posting it here is becouse we could reach any conclusion on the blender forum I posted it.

Solution
Well it's solved.I had to update the display driver.I just don't understand why.I didn't update blender nor drivers so why did it break sudenly and why does it crash becous of gpu driver if I'm rendering with cpu?
Jul 15, 2019
Unsure. But some things come to mind.

What are you doing in Blender? If rendering, what are you rendering on?
Which version of Blender are you using?

In my experience Blender tends to crash when it's a memory issue, or a driver issue.
Blender 2.79b
I'm always rendering on cpu
I do landscapes usually but it crashes with my arch vis renders,bioluminescent lanscapes(for a while I thought this was the issue becouse of the high amount of light sources but no) and simple landscapes.
And I don't think it should be running out of memory becouse it just crashed on a very small scene that I could get it to render once and it took about 5 minutes with 512 samples @ 1080p.

At least that rules out RAM issues.

I'll mention this, not that I've found a solution to it myself, but the other times I've found Blender crashes are due to an Nvidia driver. More specifically in Event Viewer for my PC it's the OpenGL driver which crashes. Like you I render on the CPU, but for some strange reason this driver does crash Blender on occasions.

This is just my experience, and more a 'get around' rather than a solution.

While Blender can use the CPU to full capacity (100% load), for some bizarre reason this load doesn't prevent Windows from going to sleep. When I've found my PC has gone to sleep and I wake it up, Blender tends to crash. To avoid the PC going to sleep I use WMP playing through my music library to prevent PC from going to sleep in the first place.

Jul 15, 2019
At least that rules out RAM issues.

I'll mention this, not that I've found a solution to it myself, but the other times I've found Blender crashes are due to an Nvidia driver. More specifically in Event Viewer for my PC it's the OpenGL driver which crashes. Like you I render on the CPU, but for some strange reason this driver does crash Blender on occasions.

This is just my experience, and more a 'get around' rather than a solution.

While Blender can use the CPU to full capacity (100% load), for some bizarre reason this load doesn't prevent Windows from going to sleep. When I've found my PC has gone to sleep and I wake it up, Blender tends to crash. To avoid the PC going to sleep I use WMP playing through my music library to prevent PC from going to sleep in the first place.
Thanks that would have been helpful to comne across 2 months ago XD I actually was looking for a solution back then,but I just turned off automatic sleepmode in windows, but thank you very much for the advice, maybe someone else can find that useful if they find this thread.
Any way I might start using EEvEE for the time.I'm going to check event viewer tomorrow.

Jul 15, 2019
Well it's solved.I had to update the display driver.I just don't understand why.I didn't update blender nor drivers so why did it break sudenly and why does it crash becous of gpu driver if I'm rendering with cpu?

Solution