Blizzard Announces Next 'World Of Warcraft' Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
It's just more of the same faults and the same errors with a new skin. It will fail like WOD. Here's why:

Blizzard removed almost all of the RPG elements from WoW. In addition and through the introduction of the "LFR tool", they severed in-game bonds formed by people who played ("raided") together, leading to a mass exodus from the game of people who no longer had any emotional attachment to the game through player associations ("raiding guilds").

Here's a detailed list of most of the RPG elements Blizzard removed from the game (he might have missed some):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1799775-List-of-all-RPG-elements-removed-from-WoW

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
This Xpack might be good if Blizzard actually delivers. To do that, they are going to have to reduce a trend that has been going on for years. Since they've increased the size of their WoW team there is some sign they might actually be doing that - but on the other hand the increase may only be about profit margins. It may simply be so they can produce an Xpack every year instead of every 2 years and so bring in another half a $400-500 million in sales (in the 2 year time period).

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Just think, the game came out in late 2004. That's over 10 years ago. For some players, that's probably nearly half their life.... lol. I gave up right before the Cataclysm expansion myself.

It's amazing that the game has stayed around for this long when you think about it; especially since it's one (if not the only) model left with a flat monthly fee.

Actually you can buy tokens with gold in game to cover your monthly fee, I'm good for 6 months. By the time those run out I should have enough to buy 12 months worth just from doing the regular stuff and raiding. It's like playing for free now.

Just think, the game came out in late 2004. That's over 10 years ago. For some players, that's probably nearly half their life.... lol. I gave up right before the Cataclysm expansion myself.

It's amazing that the game has stayed around for this long when you think about it; especially since it's one (if not the only) model left with a flat monthly fee.
And Everquest which came out in 99 is also still running and being played.

brokenticker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Another expansion, big deal. Why don't you ask WHY the sudden announcement? Why don't you mention how many subscribers closed their accounts this year alone? Why don't you report on WHY, so many people closed their accounts and how it's affecting Blizzards bottom line? Why don't you actually report something worth reading? Another expansion announcement......big deal.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Yeah, this game is dying but a slow death, I have been playing since original beta and still find it a good fun way of spending my leisure time doing my daily, garrison and raiding with a guild I've been with since tbc, met many people young and old, met many people online good or bad, over all it is a good game to play, now I can't speak for everyone else playing this game but I think people who never played it are afraid they would get hooked and people who have this wasn't for them, yeah 10 years is a long time if you are a fly, but for a turtle a decade isn't long, I don't miss anything for playing this long and I will continue to play until there is less than 1 million players, which will never happen.

3 generations of my family Play and still enjoy Wow. I've been playing Warcraft since it 1st came out then Warcraft 2, and 3, and then WOW about 6 months after launch. Our lives aren't built around it we play off and on in the evenings or early morning instead of watching the crap on TV. I got lots of other games I play too so what. Blizzard can still make lots of money even if the volume of subscribers drops to 500K. Its funny how many haters are out there. If you don't play and don't like it why do you think your opinion is import to us that do? News flash, it isn't, so why bother posting your hate go some place else. Post a thread about something you know about and play.

Supporter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
There are 2 reasons I don't like nor support blizzard any more. 1) I fail to see actual value and game enjoyment for the subscription cost. There are numerous other titles that are more enjoyable and socially oriented with better level of fun. 2) They have cheated me in the past and cut days out of my subscription and failed to compensate for their mistakes. Can blizzard redeem me as a customer in the future? Fat chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.