Blizzard Clarifies Pre-Sale of Cataclysm Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Q. How much life will you lose by playing this game?
A. For people who are new to this game, about a year to possibly your whole life (until the server closes down). If you already play this game, expect forever.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i can't wait until WOW dies... blizzard has been sitting on their asses for god knows how long, it shouldn't take 4 years for a starcraft 2 expansion...

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Why no in-game pet?[/citation]

There is one - but it comes with the collector's addition in physical form only - it's the same as they've done with previous releases as well.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I wish I never touched WoW. Seriously, stay away from the game. It will ruin everything you have going for yourself. It steals away all real world potential, while you become a super hero in a game.

If what I did in-game translated to real life status, I would be bigger than P-diddy, and just as rich as him.

Too bad I have nothing to show for all the time invested. Well, besides the money I made selling the account....but for the amount of time invested into the characters, It's a steal to buy an account.

cloudNINE

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Blizzard used to be a great gaming company. Now its infested with spam bots, farm bots, bots and more bots.

They ban people for really minor infractions while allowing on-line merchants to profit from their servers. Example: www.d2legit.com makes thousands of dollars probably per day when the ladder resets, totally breaking Blizzards EULA but they do NOTHING. Not to mention the WOW gold farming and sold for real money, lol.

Yeah, its a corporate joke that none of their brass even acknowledges, despite the one and half zillion complaints regarding their poor customer service.

Blizzard, you can deny things for awhile, but eventually, the denial and lies that follow are self evident.

And yet they brag when they ban 10-30 thousand customers and let the profiteering websites go unabated. It's a total joke and most everyone is realizing this much now.

Leopardos

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
i was playing this game when i was 17 years old , i had alot of time playing it for 3 years , now i work and i have no time to play , i did quit , but i must admit , now i can control my self of how much im willing to play , and for sure i will never quit wow for ever , i didnt play it for 4 months till now , but im getting back , i will never get bored of it...
here im coming baby ;)
By the way, games like this = legend , at least you can have fun playing it , not like nowdays games , i was a big fan of fps , but REAL fps like Quakelive ... Counter-strike , but i cant remmber any good game now ...
Just world of warcraft .

G

this freaking game is so dated...we have dx11...helllo!!!

No way you could ever get a DX10 or DX11 game as vast and open as WoW to run on any computer. They use older graphics so they can maintain larger worlds with more characters on screen and relatively little loading spots. I like the cartooney graphics to be honest.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]I wish I never touched WoW. Seriously, stay away from the game. It will ruin everything you have going for yourself. It steals away all real world potential, while you become a super hero in a game.If what I did in-game translated to real life status, I would be bigger than P-diddy, and just as rich as him. Too bad I have nothing to show for all the time invested. [/citation]

Yes, if you can't control yourself, or your impulses, MMOs probably aren't for you. It's not like that for everyone, however. The same can be said of Farmville.

A lot of people can play WoW and/or other MMOs casually, maintain a good job, social life and not waste away their lives behind a computer screen.

However, if you don't have a good grasp on self-control, or have an addictive personality, you should probably stay away from WoW and many other habit forming vices like gambling, compulsive shopping and over-eating. But let's not paint everyone with this broad brush, there are many examples of people who don't succumb so easily and know when to say enough is enough.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]I am glad I quit playing a few years back.[/citation]
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]I wish I never touched WoW. Seriously, stay away from the game. It will ruin everything you have going for yourself. It steals away all real world potential, while you become a super hero in a game.If what I did in-game translated to real life status, I would be bigger than P-diddy, and just as rich as him. Too bad I have nothing to show for all the time invested. Well, besides the money I made selling the account....but for the amount of time invested into the characters, It's a steal to buy an account.[/citation]
[citation][nom]anacandor[/nom]The one thing i regret in life was playing wow. Praise jebus i got over that game.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Leopardos[/nom]i was playing this game when i was 17 years old , i had alot of time playing it for 3 years , now i work and i have no time to play , i did quit , but i must admit , now i can control my self of how much im willing to play , and for sure i will never quit wow for ever , i didnt play it for 4 months till now , but im getting back , i will never get bored of it...here im coming baby By the way, games like this = legend , at least you can have fun playing it , not like nowdays games , i was a big fan of fps , but REAL fps like Quakelive ... Counter-strike , but i cant remmber any good game now ...Just world of warcraft .[/citation]
[citation][nom]Lunarion[/nom]once this semester is over....I will return[/citation]
Feels like I'm at a damn AA meeting...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Why is it, where there is a World of Warcraft update or news item of some sort, that a bunch of goobers have to come into the thread to post how they hate the game, or it sucks, or whatever. If you don't like the game, THEN THIS THREAD ISN'T MEANT FOR YOU. It's that simple.

With regard to WoW and the expansion... I'm really looking forward to it (though having to gain another 5 levels... not so much). For the time being, I'm just stockpiling my Justice and Honor points so I can get some decent gear once I hit 85.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i can't wait until WOW dies... blizzard has been sitting on their asses for god knows how long, it shouldn't take 4 years for a starcraft 2 expansion...[/citation]

Blizzard died a long time ago... Its Activi$ion | Blizzard now.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
While I don't have enough desire to buy Cataclysm, I've been considering reactivating my account for a couple months for either WoW or Aion. The thing that always disappointed me with WoW was the lack of visual character customization. I loved City of Heroes & Aion for how well you could edit your characters. I hear there's a *little* more customization now adays in WoW, but it's still a far cry over what other games have.

Status
Not open for further replies.