Blizzard Hiring for Diablo 3 Console Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I just wish they would come out with new consoles already, not this gay kinect/move crap.

Make new consoles with 5870 level graphics and 4GB of RAM or more, and we won't loathe console ports so much.

Instead we have developers catering to the shitty console graphics with 256MB RAM. COME ON SONY/MICROSOFT, YOU ARE KILLING OUR PC GAMES.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]I just wish they would come out with new consoles already, not this gay kinect/move crap.Make new consoles with 5870 level graphics and 4GB of RAM or more, and we won't loathe console ports so much. Instead we have developers catering to the shitty console graphics with 256MB RAM. COME ON SONY/MICROSOFT, YOU ARE KILLING OUR PC GAMES.[/citation]

The problem is that a system with those specs is going to cost a lot more than the already expensive $300-$400 consoles. Add peripherals and you may as well just buy a pc.

randyzie

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]grillz9909[/nom]The problem is that a system with those specs is going to cost a lot more than the already expensive $300-$400 consoles. Add peripherals and you may as well just buy a pc.[/citation]
You can build a budget rig that can run games on high for 500$ What about peripherals? I think it's stupid for them to start going into consoles again, especially with a die hard fan base like diablo on the pc (and yes I've played the ps diablo). It WONT live up to the pc games, and possibly flop giving them a bad rep(flop in the sense it won't be a good game, but since it has blizzard logo it WILL sell). Leave consoles alone blizzard, if you have to go into them, use a new IP, please.

randyzie

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Consoles gaming is #1, you can thank pirated games on PC platforms for that. :p[/citation]
lmfao, you're serious right? right?...Consoles sell more because they're retard proof...You plug the cord in and put a disk in, it's ancient tech that is all identical, no variation between the consoles and easy to port back and forth, that's why they're popular. If a parent wants to get a birthday gift, they get them a console cause they are so simple.

joelmartinez

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
go to h*ll console gamers, d*mmit I get so pissed off when these hoards of teenagers ruin our experience by making the console market so bloated.

To all Teenagers: start playing games on your PC

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
What next, WoW on consoles? Starcraft returning to consoles? When are people going to learn that no matter how mouthwatering the profits may be, some games are just not meant to be played with a controller.

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Consoles gaming is #1, you can thank pirated games on PC platforms for that. :p[/citation]
Nope, I thank stupid product managers; console games are pirated just as much...

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Diablo 3, if released on a console, will either be a 360/ps3 release w/online but not pc-console shared online

OR

a ps3 or 360 exclusive, with online, but still not shared online community.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Well it had to happen. Blizzard sold out to consoles too. Maybe Activision had a lot to do with this. Look what they did to Call of Duty.

Hopefully the PC version will be good anyway, since it was developed first for that platform.

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This is apparently NON-NEWS as this job posting has been unfilled since November. It was simply cross-posted at another job site, and the outlets took that as a reason to make a headline and attempted news story out of it.

This is from Nov. 15, 2010. diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-console-news-from-blizzard/

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
[citation][nom]randyzie[/nom]lmfao, you're serious right? right?...Consoles sell more because they're retard proof...You plug the cord in and put a disk in, it's ancient tech that is all identical, no variation between the consoles and easy to port back and forth, that's why they're popular. If a parent wants to get a birthday gift, they get them a console cause they are so simple.[/citation]

That is quite possibly the best explanation I've ever heard...+1

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]randyzie[/nom]You can build a budget rig that can run games on high for 500$ What about peripherals? I think it's stupid for them to start going into consoles again, especially with a die hard fan base like diablo on the pc (and yes I've played the ps diablo). It WONT live up to the pc games, and possibly flop giving them a bad rep(flop in the sense it won't be a good game, but since it has blizzard logo it WILL sell). Leave consoles alone blizzard, if you have to go into them, use a new IP, please.[/citation]

diablo on the ps1 was a long time ago.
unless diablo 3 allows mods, i would rather play this on a console.

try playing champions return to arms, or a few others that came out on the ps2. i prefer useing an analouge stick to move around instead of clicking, and done right, the consoles have better game play than the pc... aside from magic classer i presume.

torchlight is coming out in a few weeks for the 360. download it and try it. if they ported it competently, you will see what im talking about,

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

You Sir are an idiot. Please Research Before Posting. Another thing, have you actually looked at the Revenue Reports for Steam? Hmmm? Didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.