Blizzard Launching Public Test Realm for Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
A little late... isn't the testing supposed to happen BEFORE you launch the game? But I forgot... these days companies charge consumers 60 bucks a game just so they can test it for them AFTER its released =(

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
The game by itself is a BETA - more change that make you feel the game it's still half BAKED. Who want a BETA PREVIEW access seriously!... All this turn in a non-sense. Seriouslyl Blizzard ?!?

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Yeah, no matter how awesome they make it, coming back to that game and trying to find upgrades is going to cost you an arm and a leg because of the depreciation of Gold due to Botters. Now go ahead and add new content only those sick enough to level paragon up to 100 can enjoy and get even more rich selling whatever drops there.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Schnitter[/nom]Yeah, no matter how awesome they make it, coming back to that game and trying to find upgrades is going to cost you an arm and a leg because of the depreciation of Gold due to Botters. Now go ahead and add new content only those sick enough to level paragon up to 100 can enjoy and get even more rich selling whatever drops there.[/citation]

I disagree....granted, i'm only halfway through Hell difficulty with a Barbarian (lvl 54 currently), but I havent had to once use the RMAH because I couldnt afford a crucial upgrade. The "regular" auction house has so far never failed to fulfill my character's needs. I'm not exactly the most skilled of gamers either, so its not like I can get away with cheapo equipment on ability alone.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Only the most powerful nephalem can unlock the secrets?
So in other words we all have to keep grinding out to we hit paragon lvl 100, By which time we have conquered the game 1000 times over and already have the best gear and have no reason to unlock any secrets!
Just leave the game Blizzard before you make it any worse, Move on to another title, Shift your developers onto Titan and get it right, Make it into another WoW(before expansions) and you will have another cash cow for a decade.

I will agree with above poster though, There is no need to use real money AH at all I am lvl 60 (24) paragon barbarian and the normal ah is just fine so far. Sure it's now at the point of next gear piece being 100,000,000 but at the same time I just sold an item for 30,000,000 so it's not impossible to achieve with a little effort. I refuse to use real money in this game and cheat my way to the top, I have done so in many other games especially MMO's and it just totally destroys the game once you buy your way to the top there is nothing left to do,Whole fun is getting there no matter how long it takes!

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]people has been enjoying Torchlight 2, why would they want to waste their time on a RMAH focus fail game?[/citation]
From what I've seen Torchlight 2 is basically D2 v2, not that that's in anyway a bad thing. It seems like much more of a traditional action RPG than D3. The builds are more locked in stone, and there's all the potion/mana spamming you could ever want. It comes down mainly to personal preference I suppose, and if that's what you prefer then by all means go for it and have a blast. But I must admit, after watching several reviews and gameplay videos I'm a bit at a loss as to how Torchlight 2 is waay better than D3, like some people love to boast about.

It's definitely not the loot driven gameplay, as at it's core it looks very similar to the type of highly addictive gameplay in D3/D2. I can't help but think that a lot of the hate and negativity directed at D3 isn't based on the gameplay at all, which is my primary concern when playing an action RPG. It seems to be based much more on word of mouth principle (bandwagoning), regarding D3's required online login, optional RMAH, and lack of modding support. People pledging from the get go to never support such a game, despite the fact that they have a constant internet connection, will probably never use the RMAH, and probably wouldn't have modded the game if given the chance.

G

@dragonsqrrl

its really hard to explain it. its like explaining why you prefer cs 1.6 over css. but the best i can dexcribe it is it has great flow, the action is way more epic then d3, the speed of the game is awesome, the interface is clear, the game works offline, the character classes are more unique then the average heroes we usualy get. the items are insanely well made. the socketing is worth doing from early on, which adds a new element to the game instead of just saving and combining. legendary items are well... legendary.

the story... i dont know what going on there ,i just love the gameplay. apparently i need to kick some guy in the nuts... but thats about as much as i got, but i dont pay attention to story in general.

d3 is horrible, the only good thing about d3 is the combat animations. the loot is horrible, the farming is horrible, the patches are horrible, the Always online is not always online.... the account theft of people who only play single player. the lag for people who lives in countries that dont like to offer speedy internet. the story is very meh... compared to d2. diablo looked shit in my eyes, but that is just person preference

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Blizzard Launching Public Test Realm for Auction House Simulator

the D3 sidegame is receiving the scheduled monthly nerf to push players to regear. Blizz finance is eagerly anticipating the guaranteed nerf-induced surge in RMAH trading and Blizz profiteering. The next scheduled RMAH profit surge is scheduled as content patch 1.0.6. 1.0.6 content consists of nerfing whatever builds become most popular after the 1.0.5 patch goes live. The release for 1.0.6 is scheduled to arrive after players have finished regearing via the RMAH and profits from 1.0.5 induced RMAH'ing have subsided.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I have never played this kind of game before (TL ,D1,2 or 3 or PoE) but of all of them, if given a choice, i would like to try PoE (Path of Exile) just based on skill customization. Just my 2 cents. Carry on :)

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
@dragonsqrrl
Not sure how to explain this to you...It's $20 vs. $60? Make sense now? OK, how about it lasts longer for that $20 and doesn't require draconian DRM? No RMAH (nuff said on that alone)? It's made by ex diablo people hence more like the real thing? :)
346 user ratings at 9.3 & metacratic score of 90?
Diablo has 6605 user ratings @ 3.8? A lot of users couldn't even use the game, and some without internet that pre-ordered still can't use it? Still not getting it?
Front page review at metacritic:
Armchair empire: "But the dumbed character and inventory systems, coupled to the ridiculous always-on connection and the breathtaking arrogance of the"you'll play how we tell you to play" attitude makes playing this title a damned shame instead of a hell of a good time."=score 45.

If you chuck out the reviews who pass out 100's (6 say it's 100? with all the online BS, servers not working at launch for some etc? seriously?) like their candy on halloween the 88 avg from reviewers comes down dramatically. The Armchair reviewer is stating it accurately. Torchlight listened to customers, whereas Blizzard decided how you should play for you :) Did I mention it's only $20?...LOL. Did I mention it's only $20...LOL...Did I...Oops My record was skipping... :) For $60 you get a game you may not be able to play and they virtually killed anyone wanting to mod it. This game won't be played in 12 years like D2 was. That party is over already for D3. I know a lot of people who have played through Torchlight 1 multiple times already. I'm sure they'll do it with T2 also. Did I mention T2 has lan/mod support for $20? Offline anyone? Torchlight 1 is even a close call vs. Diablo3 at $15 and only 450MB at Gog.com. Near infinite re-playability with Random dungeons. Both of these games make Diablo 3 much less impressive at $60 with lots of BS for the privilege of playing it (penalty of playing it?).

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]somebodyspecial[/nom]Not sure how to explain this to you...It's $20 vs. $60? Make sense now? OK, how about it lasts longer for that $20 and doesn't require draconian DRM? No RMAH (nuff said on that alone)? It's made by ex diablo people hence more like the real thing? :)
346 user ratings at 9.3 & metacratic score of 90?
Diablo has 6605 user ratings @ 3.8? A lot of users couldn't even use the game, and some without internet that pre-ordered still can't use it? Still not getting it?
Front page review at metacritic:
Armchair empire: "But the dumbed character and inventory systems, coupled to the ridiculous always-on connection and the breathtaking arrogance of the"you'll play how we tell you to play" attitude makes playing this title a damned shame instead of a hell of a good time."=score 45.

If you chuck out the reviews who pass out 100's (6 say it's 100? with all the online BS, servers not working at launch for some etc? seriously?) like their candy on halloween the 88 avg from reviewers comes down dramatically. The Armchair reviewer is stating it accurately. Torchlight listened to customers, whereas Blizzard decided how you should play for you :) Did I mention it's only $20?...LOL. Did I mention it's only $20...LOL...Did I...Oops My record was skipping... [/citation]
Wowoo broo, take it easy. There's no need to rage man. I know you have strong feelings about this, I can feel it, but just try to calm yourself while posting. You're killin the enlightened and mature Tom's-comments-section atmosphere.

... great name by the way, appropriate.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Not seeing the rage... just a pretty thorough summary of why D3 is a huge fail compared to D/D2.

I think it was Lewis Black who had a political bit where a politician takes a huge dump on stage then stands back pointing proudly saying 'what do you think of that... pretty awesome eh?'.

That's pretty much what Blizzard did... but they also added "and if you want to keep looking at that steaming pile... you're going to need to give me your credit card".

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
ROFL...I only took it because Nobodyspecial was already taken...No raging, did I call you names or swear at you? The usual response when someone gets buried by proof. "whoa man, quit being angry, calm down"...LOL. The sign you've already lost and have nothing to say back? You must have missed the smileys, the LOL's all over etc? I'm not raging because I've proven you wrong. Typical democrat response :)

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]somebodyspecial[/nom]ROFL...I only took it because Nobodyspecial was already taken...No raging, did I call you names or swear at you? The usual response when someone gets buried by proof. "whoa man, quit being angry, calm down"...LOL. The sign you've already lost and have nothing to say back? You must have missed the smileys, the LOL's all over etc? I'm not raging because I've proven you wrong. Typical democrat response[/citation]
:) Come on now, I didn't mean any offense :) :). I just want to have a civil discussion with you, if you're willing to have one with me :). All I'm saying is it's kinda of difficult to do that when you're all worked up like this :).

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Troll much? :) If you wanted to have a civil discussion you'd actually discuss the product instead of me. Which is what I did :) Thanks for the laugh though and wasting my time :lol:

All I'm saying is, it's kind of difficult to have a discussion with you when you won't discuss anything but me :D I'm sorry you got all worked up over it. :sol: Don't worry, I'm not offended at all. Nice try though. ;) I thought your question was serious, but I now see it wasn't.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]somebodyspecial[/nom]Troll much? If you wanted to have a civil discussion you'd actually discuss the product instead of me. Which is what I did Thanks for the laugh though and wasting my time All I'm saying is, it's kind of difficult to have a discussion with you when you won't discuss anything but me I'm sorry you got all worked up over it. Don't worry, I'm not offended at all. Nice try though. I thought your question was serious, but I now see it wasn't.[/citation]
I'm afraid you misunderstand me, and I hate to say it but I think you might be a little over sensitive. My question was 100% serious and my previous comments were sincere. I really am ready to carry on a civil discussion about D3 and TL2 if you wish to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.