Blizzard Makes Even More Changes to Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
This so much seems to be turning into "design by committee". Something that kills pretty every product unfortunate enough to be in that situation.
Besides, D3 is destined to disappoint. Its had so much hype and players of D2 simply won't be wowed enough to stop the inevitable criticism.

Shape

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
^^ It doesn't matter if it disappoints everyone. Everyone is still going to play Diablo III.

Wohoooo!

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Shape[/nom]^^ It doesn't matter if it disappoints everyone. Everyone is still going to play Diablo III.Wohoooo![/citation]
I'm not, and neither are the millions of other gamers who despise that god awful 3rd person isometric view that was already old and tired when D2 was in its prime.

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
At this point doesn't it seem like the game is being 'over produced'. These guys are so worried about putting out the perfect game I wouldn't be shocked if they make so many changes that they just screw everything up.

Shape

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]I'm not, and neither are the millions of other gamers who despise that god awful 3rd person isometric view that was already old and tired when D2 was in its prime.[/citation]

Ok

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Will > Wont

The game will sell and people will enjoy it.

Even if its just mediocre upgraded diablo 2, A goodish game... Lots of content/updates/and top down camera without a monthly fee.... It would be hard to not get your pennys worth, over a period of a year.

Even just playing the game on and off.

RealBeast

Titan
I'd rather wait impatiently than have them release another Duke Nukem Forever flop.

Maybe the marketing guys said, "hey we missed a Christmas release, can we fix something and release it next Christmas?"

Hopefully the next change will be an option to play the game offline. I don't care about having a character I can use to play against other people otherwise I'd buy WOW. I just want to play a game for a while and turn it off.

I also like to use cheats and hacks. To me that is what makes a games fun. Having a suped up character that can womp the enemies (without having to play a game for 50+ hours or in linear games only reach that point near the end). Some games I like to beat once then replay with cheats and hacks on. Others I get bored with and turn on the cheats and hacks.

I can understand why in MMO's they don't want cheats/hacks. But in games with single player options I don't see a reason not to allow it. It's your copy you should be able to do whatever you want.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I prefer Isometric view over the retched WoW-like first person view. Iso or bust.

Screw the people who don't like it. 99 percent of them live with their mom. FACT.

k11365

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
So tired of waiting for this shit. Heard and read news about it since 2009. Blizzard's market strategy of prolonging releases are a big turn-off. I bet Starcraft II exp is also going to be delayed over and over. For people who do not mind playing offline RPGs just get Kingdoms of Amalur or Dragon's Dogma.

4745454b

Titan
Pet? While nice to not have to click EVERYTHING to pick it up, find some other way.

As for the other scroll, I kinda like that idea. I say kinda because D2 gave you the ability to use gems and the cube to "re-roll" an item and you didn't lose anything other then the gems. Not sure why giving up durability is a better idea unless they removed the re-roll option from the cube recipes.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
A shame to hear about the pets. I would have loved to have a cute looking pet kill Diablo.
Just imagine the king of hell dominating the world only to be stopped by a care bear.

I couldn't get into Diablo I/II, not because of the viewing angle, but the consequences of that coupled with a really low resolution monitor. Too far away to see any graphical detail... The gameplay was ok I suppose. Due to a system crash, and poor backup habits, I lost my main push into Diablo II's campaign, so there was no way I could start over and have it feel fresh, so I abandoned it. It's obviously been a long time but if those were my main concerns, then I might enjoy Diablo III (albeit in small doses). Due to my tastes and preferences, I'm 99% sure that I won't be purchasing this title before or during the initial release. I'll be looking for a bargain in 2013.

It's interesting how they seem to be taking two steps forward in development, then one or two steps back, with the intention of taking three to four steps forward at a later date. Two steps forward to create something. One or two steps to take it out, and plan another three to four steps forward to A) put it back and B) make it better. I bet there's some suits somewhere who are really frustrated and don't understand what's going on. Some employees might also be frustrated trying to determine who really is in charge of the development (behind the scenes).

I hope it turns out to be a great game, but if doubt hits a critical level, presales and release sales will suffer, and pirating may also increase above normal levels for a time until the dust settles and everyone decides for themselves if its worth picking up. We may be reading in December of 2012 the top 5 pirated games of the year, and this one may be on the top of that list.

G

So the Mass effect trilogy will come out before D3?. I wish the WoW would just die.

G

"^^ It doesn't matter if it disappoints everyone. Everyone is still going to play Diablo III.Wohoooo!"

No thank you, there's still people with principles who will not support customer shaggery in the form of always online single player DRM, or megalomaniac companies like Activision.

And after what they did to Warcraft and Starcraft?? nah, blizzy and shove it up their collective rears.

Status
Not open for further replies.