Blizzard Patches 'Diablo II' 16 Years After Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
People outside of Korea still play Diablo II?

That's quite a longevity there. I remember loading up Diablo II on my Compaq laptop with an awesome 266MHz AMD K6-2, Trident 3D Graphics Accelerator, 32 MB of RAM (which I quickly had to expand to 96MB) and Windows 98. I used my only USB port for a second mouse, and added on an ethernet NIC with the PCMCIA slot. My non-active matrix 800x600 screen blazing away in oddly aliased glory.

You'd teleport into a new zone, and spam the attack buttons, because the monsters attacking you would load 20-30 seconds after you did, but that wouldn't stop them from attacking you! And the responsiveness over Battle.net was even better (sometimes you had a few minutes of running around, hoping you were still alive).

Ah, fond memories indeed.

innocent bystander

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
You play Diablo III on a console?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? People actually do this?

Yes. I have both the PC and PS4 versions and I prefer it on the PS4. It's not even a close comparison. The game just plays better with direct control and the interface is less fussy.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Inventory Management without a mouse has to be dreadful.

Not at all.

rummy98

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

Yes, I refused to support that pay to play format they launched with (the auction house). So I bought it to play with a couple other friends on PS3 once the price dropped. I know it has changed now but I don't feel like starting over, though I might load up Diablo II lol.

I still play Diablo I from time to time, I joined a group of guys that added tons of content to the original game. It's called Diablo "The Hell". You should check it out, it's insanely difficult but what fun.

Mod Edit for Language

f-14

Distinguished
pls let that be sarcasm
millenials bwahahahahahaaaaa.
now we are beyond officially old "i used to game hauling my 50# rig to my friends house in knee high snow, across town against the wind in -20ºF temps and then game friday night to monday morning and then go to work with out sleeping and just mt. dew for energy drink!"

Only 50 lbs? You're forgetting about our massive 21" CRT monitors. ;)

Ironically enough I just turned 19 lol. Though I am still a fan of early blizzard games.

64-bit version (to jaber):

They do NOT state it's a "64-bit version" only that 64-bit Windows is recommended. I highly doubt it is as there would be NO POINT anyway. Being 64-bit doesn't make a game necessarily run better (Diablo II definitely would not).

Almost every game even now is still 32-bit, and the main reason to support 64-bit is to use more memory. As in thousands of MB's not tens of MB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.