Blizzard Seeking Hacker Behind WoW Insta-Kill Massacre

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be funny if a GM (sorry don't play WoW, but Everquest used to call them GM's) was online in this realm when this happened? The GM's like looking all powerful and this guy comes up and spoils his mood and kills him instantly and the GM is like "WTF just happened?"!!! Lol! That would be really priceless!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
This is the probably the funniest hack i have ever seen. I can just imagine the dudes who take this seriously just getting infuriated over this, like "WTFFFFFFFF im the highest lvl with highest lvl gear?! One shot, are you fing kidding me 1 fing shot?!!" smashes KB on computer screen hahahaha omg this was to funny :) now back to work :p

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Love old fashion Ghost Killing with PKing. Ahh... hasn't Blizzard learned from teh days of the original Diablo? How many folks would go and PK's you?

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
More awesome that the avatar was like a peasant girl, even more cool was the person who killed the peasant girl through a giant fireball from the sky out of no where to end the plague for a moment.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]neon871[/nom]This would never happen in Leisure Suit Larry..........[/citation]
You just get exploding pants instead.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, exploit was taken advantage of and one this Big is def something Bliz should have capped long ago. If anything this keep WoW relevant...lol.

Benthon

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
There were a few people comparing this to the plague incident in vanilla. What drama queens, this comes no where close.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
It's not quite as completely awesome as the Lord British frag in Ultima Online (Killed the online toon representing the company running the MMO for you young'uns)... but it is very cool pwnage indeed.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]the fact blizzard wants to treat this guy as a criminal is disgusting .. it was a harmless hack that was funny as hell get over it.[/citation]Not to mention the free media coverage they are getting on an 8 years old game.

skaz

Distinguished
Man if this happened back in the EQ days, now that would have been devastating. Back in EQ the exp loss from death was substantial. Fun times. I miss EQ.

richarduk

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Now this is the kind of hacking I like 5* to the hacker.
Now maybe the players can go down the pub, find a woman, and have some freaky S%$ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.