Blizzard Swinging Banhammer on Diablo 3 Cheaters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]nbelote[/nom]I haven't had any trouble getting through Hell with gear I picked up either that dropped in my games or I bought with gold I got in my games without gold find gear on. Come on, people, it's not hard.When it comes to Inferno, sure you end up doing some farming but I was able to get through Act 2 with minimal headache (with Belial being the real skill-check at the end) and am starting Act 3, all without farming for hours like buddhabelly34 was talking about. You're not required to be 60 to farm anything, nor are you required to farm at all. Get as far in as you can, nudge a little further if you want, then start another character.Come on, man, that's what Diablo 2 was all about when it came to the 3 skill levels. You are not required to do anything but have fun. If you don't have fun because you're unable to handle a real challenge in Inferno or even Hell for that matter then please do get a refund and, in the words of the great Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Stop whining." Get out of our game and quit making it not fun.[/citation]

Well, it also comes down to how much time you have to play. I made myself a Barbarian with MF and managed to farm and AH my way up to Inferno in a two week vacation. Once I got there, though, I have to say I share the feeling of our other posters, it gets way frustrating and time consuming to keep playing. And the cost for upgrades using the AH is also way too high. Now that I'm back at work, I don't even consider playing it on my free time, as it has become a frustrating and stressful experience.

[citation][nom]brett1042002[/nom]Pretty sure anti-cheat software has been running in some games for at least 10 years now. Punkbuster anyone? Nothing "new" about it. Why would you want to play games running rampant with cheaters/hackers?[/citation]

Because there are many people that like playing single player games. For me it depends on the game. Some I like to use cheats like crazy others I don't.

RPG's are a type I like to play with codes for high stat players and items. It's just what I consider fun. To me these types of games are supposed to be fantasy. My fantasy is not some low stat wimp that constantly struggles and dies and playing a 100+ hours to build the character up.

Rather I prefer the uber hero that wrecks shop. But not so insane that powerful enemies are not difficult. Considering that nearly every action/superhero movie hero is built around this archetype I know I am not alone.

Blizzard really alienated this group and the non cheat offline gamers. They could have simply made the single player version offline and not allow the character or items from offline play used in the Battle.net. Isn't this how Diablo II worked?

Types of games I don't care for cheating are real life simulators (racing, flight, sports, &c), games designed for reaction time and combos (many 2d side scrollers, side fighters), and many others. When it comes to most fantasy type games like RPG's and first person shooters cheats are fun. If for some reason I cannot fathom I actually wanted to play multiplayer, cheating would not interest me.

By the way for you no cheat purists, I have some bad news for you. Blizzard did not truly remove cheating. They just make you pay to do so in the auction house. By letting you pay for leveled up items and characters they are in fact allowing cheating.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I think the CGF in the video is only upset that people from other nations have utilized similar exploits and are hurting his bottom line. I think it would be funny if blizzard tracked public IP addresses originating from anywhere in Asia and randomly disrupted their game sessions throughout the day. It might not stop the gold farmers but it sure would piss them off and make it harder for them to run bots.

My main concern is that hyperinflation will ruin the game. Many people like myself have waited many years to continue the Diablo saga and enjoy the game with friends. but now any real competitiveness is ruined with the unlawful augmentation of the in game economy when people farm gold and sell it.

Blizzard got smart and is now getting their cut but at what price? All they have done is created circumstances that motivate people to cheat, farm and exploit the game for real world monetary gain.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Murissokah[/nom]Well, it also comes down to how much time you have to play. I made myself a Barbarian with MF and managed to farm and AH my way up to Inferno in a two week vacation. Once I got there, though, I have to say I share the feeling of our other posters, it gets way frustrating and time consuming to keep playing. And the cost for upgrades using the AH is also way too high. Now that I'm back at work, I don't even consider playing it on my free time, as it has become a frustrating and stressful experience.[/citation]

Inferno is designed to be insanely hard compared to the progression of other difficulties. That's what Blizzard said when they introduced the idea prior to launching the game. We just have too many whiners upset saying that INSANELY HARD is just too hard. Correct me if I'm wrong but when I hear insanely hard I think insanely hard, not a walk in the park or anything resembling that. It's supposed to give you headaches if you can't handle it as, again, it is designed to be insanely hard.

You, as a Diablo 3 player, are meant to fail at Inferno. You are meant to die a lot. If you go through it successfully and reap the rewards then you have earned your bragging rights. If you simply cannot handle it then it is not for you; back off to an easier difficulty or act and/or create more characters to level.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
So based on these comments can we officially lump in the Diablo 3 online requirement haters with people who also want to use cheats and hacks in Diablo 3 to play the game?

@cumi2k4
I don't have much sympathy for you not being able to cheat/hack your way to success. Your tears of inadequacy shall not be noticed.

@n01
People who had their accounts compromised won't be affected. This will be no different than the WoW bot/farmer bans in WoW. Warden will report those people, those people will get banned, and ou'll have a handful crying foul on the forums because they got caught.

@serendipiti
Blizzard account bans can and will happen. They're nothing new for both WoW and Starcraft 2. Business as usual and those caught cheating and/or violating the ToS with regards to hacking, using bots, etc will be banned. Someone can always take it to court, but when Blizzard lays out the server logs and Warden data that person is going to be out court and lawyer fees with is going to be just a bit more than the game priced at $60.

@velocityg4
If you want to play a game where you can faceroll except for bosses then play the correct difficulty level, no cheats required. They actually built your requested game play type into the game! How about that? :) And if you're struggling on even normal I have to say nothing can help you...you're talking maybe 10 hours to clear normal, not 100+ struggling through it...less wild stories please. Blizzard alienate anyone...Diablo = Diablo 2 = Diablo 3 for overall game design. Maybe hack and slash just isn't your cup of tea. I hear they have a My Little Pony game though. Considering you could trade items in previous Diablo games, the auction house does nothing but expidite that process, now you're saying trading and/or selling items is cheating?!

@All the "Inferno is tooooo hard" people
Blizzard said "You will die". Guess what, they delivered on that promise, a true hard difficulty level in a time when people get trophies for participation. If Inferno is too hard, go play the other three difficulty levels, they were designed especially for you.

G

@eddieroolz

The fact that the game required a persistent online connection for DRM was announced well before D3's release. However, people still bought the game and then agreed to Blizzards BattleNet Terms of Use agreement upon installation and/or BattleNet account creation. These same people then promptly broke the Terms of Use they agreed to while knowing that the game required a persistent online connection.

I'd say the people who broke the terms are ridiculous for complaining.

Jprobes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
Ah the RMAH... Wildkitten's bane of existence.

Keep hating it while I've sold $272 worth of items in just under 24 hours and I have yet to post the really good stuff I have been sitting on.

115Int/110Vit/72 All Resist + 3 sockets BP = Steak Dinner at Morten's IMO; Deal with it people.

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]That Blizzard is planning on banning cheaters mercilessly is a very good thing. The prices on the auction house are skyrocketing to the point where you can't get a decent item for under several million.The most gold I've ever had is around 270,000 and I've reached the equivalent of lvl 60 two and a half times. I'm sorry, but there is no way people have 30+ million gold already without cheating or selling items for ridiculously high prices. No way.Show no mercy, ban all the cheaters. All I'm asking for is to be able to buy a 1300+ dmg one handed weapon with decent stats for under 100,000 gold - is that too much to ask?[/citation]

I totally f%#@ing agree with this statement!!! THere should be some upper limit on what you can auction off your items

wric01

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Chinese prisoners and abused kids are force into slave gaming labor to make their master/government official money. And they in turn keep them alive, that's communism for ya.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Crush3d[/nom]That is a bit much to ask.. considering a 1300 DPS 1-hander is nearly the highest DPS 1-hand weapon around.. 100k? LOL. Yeah.. the highest DPS weapons should be attainable after an hour or so of farming. Right.[/citation]
I've seen 1650 dmg one handed weapon.

It didn't take me an hour to farm 270,000 gold, it took me over two weeks (remember I said I played through to lvl 60 roughly 2 and a half times, and I did that without any kind of boosting, power leveling, etc.)

I was playing the first day Diablo 3 was released, so I'd imagine I should be able to afford a single item (weapon) that is at least 80% of the strongest weapon dmg in existence. That's not counting all the other items (ring, armor, gloves, boots, shoulders, etc)

Sure, if I wanted to boost all my items in a similar fashion then I'd expect it to cost upward of 2 million, but not for a single item, that's pathetic.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]That Blizzard is planning on banning cheaters mercilessly is a very good thing. The prices on the auction house are skyrocketing to the point where you can't get a decent item for under several million.The most gold I've ever had is around 270,000 and I've reached the equivalent of lvl 60 two and a half times. I'm sorry, but there is no way people have 30+ million gold already without cheating or selling items for ridiculously high prices. No way.Show no mercy, ban all the cheaters. All I'm asking for is to be able to buy a 1300+ dmg one handed weapon with decent stats for under 100,000 gold - is that too much to ask?[/citation]

You sir, must be terrible. Or you have the most insanely bad luck in the world. You do realize that if prices go up, the drops you find are also worth more right? I played a few hours in Hell act3 last night with no +gold find and maybe 30% max magic find (I think lower) and just selling blues and picking up gold drops netted me about 30k gold. You're saying 100k is reasonable for one of the highest damage items in the game, when I have not even reached act4 OR the highest difficulty yet of the game and it would take me 3 days to get that much gold, without selling ANYTHING on the AH? I typically find at least 1-2 items worth the time to sell on AH per day, and as long as you search carefully to examine your competition and set a reasonable price, most things sell very easily.

Sell a few of your yellow drops on AH and you can hit 100k per day no problem just through normal progression playing like me. Now I'm getting to a point where I can't buy multiple items on the AH because their value is higher, but the progression is getting harder so that makes sense to me. I'll have to work a little harder and longer to continue, but I don't see that being surprising based on how the game has gone up to this point. Since Hell difficulty, maybe even halfway through nightmare, I was having a hard time progressing with only drops I found as a barbarian. Maybe if I stuck around farming areas where I can't level up, but why bother when AH can help me progress faster.

G

xyriin you clearly do not know what you are talking about. If your account is compromised and used to
break the EULA, your account will be suspended/banned simple. You will then have to prove that your
account was compromised and accessed by another party that committed the violation. Also that is IF
blizzard even wants to listen to you! And LOL with WOW and WARDEN. They did banned a lot of players
that broke the rules but also they banned some that did not break the rules and worked their asses off
following the rules. WARDEN at its earlier version was not even effected and also maded mistakes and
banned players that followed the rules. As for my original post, I stated that they should fix the many
issues with D3 (ie. security, etc.) instead of taking out the ban hammer so soon.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"Playing Diablo 3 legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client," the company said in a blog. "Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo 3, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on."

Transaltion F--- you PC modding community. if you mod our game , you are cheater even if it's a visual mod. and you deserve to just hand us our money and get no game while we rob you.

seriously the more and more i read about D3 the less and less i care about ever actualy seeing the game on my pc (or console for that matter) screw activision and screw Blizzard.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
Note i'm, not saying what i said above because of any sympathy towards cheaters, I hate cheaters , but i HATE game devs and publishers that destroy the chance of a modding community getting built up around their game. i mean seriously unless a pc game has serious graphical advancments over consoles or has a huge moding community around it , i might as well buy the console version. or not buy it at all. I became a pc gamer back in 1997 because of modding and i don't mean cheat mods either , i mean mods like new classes , new races , new character models, re texture mods, visual improvment mods ect ect. blizzard more and more has constantly s--- on pc gamers all the time. They might as well just f--- off and go make console games only for all i care at this point.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]torque79[/nom]You sir, must be terrible. Or you have the most insanely bad luck in the world. You do realize that if prices go up, the drops you find are also worth more right? I played a few hours in Hell act3 last night with no +gold find and maybe 30% max magic find (I think lower) and just selling blues and picking up gold drops netted me about 30k gold. You're saying 100k is reasonable for one of the highest damage items in the game, when I have not even reached act4 OR the highest difficulty yet of the game and it would take me 3 days to get that much gold, without selling ANYTHING on the AH? I typically find at least 1-2 items worth the time to sell on AH per day, and as long as you search carefully to examine your competition and set a reasonable price, most things sell very easily.Sell a few of your yellow drops on AH and you can hit 100k per day no problem just through normal progression playing like me. Now I'm getting to a point where I can't buy multiple items on the AH because their value is higher, but the progression is getting harder so that makes sense to me. I'll have to work a little harder and longer to continue, but I don't see that being surprising based on how the game has gone up to this point. Since Hell difficulty, maybe even halfway through nightmare, I was having a hard time progressing with only drops I found as a barbarian. Maybe if I stuck around farming areas where I can't level up, but why bother when AH can help me progress faster.[/citation]

I don't sell random blues/yellows IG, I salvage them at the blacksmith, which is what you are supposed to do. Is this what you call terrible? Perhaps you should speak for yourself.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
If you're salvaging everything that's why you are not making any money to use at the AH. That's your choice, but then don't complain that you don't have money to buy stuff. You are not SUPPOSED to salvage, that's an option. Just like in D2 you could gamble buying stuff at a vendor that was usually crap but had a remote chance of being great. Instead of taking these gambling chances, most people instead farmed bosses for gear and traded, which is the equivalent of the AH now.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

you can get one for under 500k. if you don't mind using blues instead of yellows.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]torque79[/nom]If you're salvaging everything that's why you are not making any money to use at the AH. That's your choice, but then don't complain that you don't have money to buy stuff. You are not SUPPOSED to salvage, that's an option. Just like in D2 you could gamble buying stuff at a vendor that was usually crap but had a remote chance of being great. Instead of taking these gambling chances, most people instead farmed bosses for gear and traded, which is the equivalent of the AH now.[/citation]
Items sell to vendors at around 200 - 300 gold a piece, even the high level items. Don't tell me you can make your fortune by selling them to the vendors. Nor have I had any items drop for me that are remotely worth selling on the AH, even the drops in Inferno.

It looks like I'm going to have to gear up on magic find and do everything myself with the prices being as they are.

[citation][nom]gncd[/nom]you can get one for under 500k. if you don't mind using blues instead of yellows.[/citation]

Can you get a blue one handed weapon with the following two stats?
-Increase critical damage by (60+%)
-Socketed (so I can shove a green gem in and raise criticals higher)

A lvl 60 weapon isn't worth much imo if it doesn't have those two prerequisites.

G

farming an industry..... how sick is that!
Been waiting for D3 for years and now so avoiding it, BLIZZARD ur all a bunch of you know whats, really the best thing you are at is ruining great games by adding real money, and allowing farmers to exist.
What happend to playing for fun and actualy getting cool gear without having to spend a penny, my time is money and hell waste it to spend more just to get a cool piece of armour, really whats the world comming to?
Such a shame the game looks really great, yet WTF BLIZZARD I hate you!

G

yea when I grew up gaming everyone was allowed to cheat and cheated on me all the time..
I cheat and I ain't even ruin someone elses playing experience..

no but they of course form the game in a way on purpose that even if you cheat without bothering someone is somehow messes everyone up..

I get to lose my 60 dollars.. well it is kinda my fault.. but I didn't even do it that long and I didn't even benefit from it..

besides I was angry about getting hacked in the first place..

I still have 0 interest in diablo3. And every time blizzard says anything about it, just confirms my belives.
Hackers and bots are a plague on battle.net (just look at diablo 2 nowdays, 98% of the games are hosted by bots, and blizzard dosent give a f... maybe its actually blizzard who is running those bots to sell virtual items, who knows).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS