Blizzard Talks Titan, WoW Subs Loss to Star Wars: TOR

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
considering the evolution of WOW in the last couple of years... (which drove me out btw), i really wonder what they will come up with on Titan, which is supposidly the next cash cow of blizz once WOW slowly dies... I quit WOW after Lich King, played D3 for a couple of month, couldnt even be arsed to go till lvl 60 got bored way before that... so of course i look forward to see what is gonna come next, but quite expecting not to have a mind-blowing experience... Gimme back Black Temple feelings and I'll be happy enough...

G

Best MMO game especially for PVP was Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC), three different factions, two factions creating an alliance against the strong third, 1v1 2v2 8v8 zerg vs zerg, EA killed this game just like Bliz will finish killing WoW by trying to develop a second MMO. EA bought DAoC and used a plan similar to what Bliz is talking about now, moving developers over to the new game but bringing in fresh ones to keep the old one relevant, now both games are pretty much off the radar and the MMO community is worse off with lack of options. Nothing against SW:ToR but I have never gotten into space games and from the screenies leaked Titan looks to be another space style game. WoW is barely acceptable, there are alot of us that enjoy MMO's based on myth and history lore, such as DAoC was. Just to bad recent attempts are this genre have failed (Conan, LoTR and D&D)

Status
Not open for further replies.