Blizzard's Mists of Pandaria Expansion Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

lol kung fu panda, no thanks im having a blast with Guild Wars 2

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Last night was crazy, but it was just more of the same. Trying to sink a damn boat while 200 other people do the same, lame and ground my fps to 10 from a pegged 60.

Still, it's better than watching TV. All my shows are done for the season.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Well it is about time WoW gave props to its huge Asian fan base. Its just a game and tho I too think its too kiddie for me its still one of the better MMOs out there.

smakadopolis

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Is this where we post our useless, negative comments to try to be cool kids?
It isn't?
Oh okay.
If I could downvote you goons more than once, I would.

On topic:
My hour or so of MOP was fairly enjoyable. I'm somewhat fired up to get geared up and attempt time runs and some of the other new features. The clusters of people are a bit annoying, but that always thins out and is just what happens with new content. I'd rather see too many people than none at all, right? :p

InvalidError

Titan
I got tired of paying for the game + monthly fee.

Considering how much WoW sucks when you jump back in mid-patch/mid-expansion for any reason and I still feel rather indifferent to MoP, my WoW days are probably over... don't feel like putting up with "must know 11 out of 10" bosses BS again.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Well it is about time WoW gave props to its huge Asian fan base. Its just a game and tho I too think its too kiddie for me its still one of the better MMOs out there.[/citation]

I can't wait till the next xpac: Attack on Monster Island. The final boss will be Godzilla.

Oh and don't forget MoP adds WoW Pokemon.

G

I'm confused - if the retail version is also priced at $39.99 - same as the digital - where is the profit margin for the actual B&M store? Are they selling it for $0 profit?!

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Last night was crazy, but it was just more of the same. Trying to sink a damn boat while 200 other people do the same, lame and ground my fps to 10 from a pegged 60. Still, it's better than watching TV. All my shows are done for the season.[/citation]

The New TV season just started bro ^.^
And the new Anime season starts next week.
There's almost 15 good shows to follow this fall =)

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Im waiting a few weeks to see how other people feel this game is, D3 and Cataclysm has shook my confidence in Blizzard and made me skeptical of buying anymore of their games on midnight releases. (going to wait and see what other people say that buy it before i do)

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]smakadopolis[/nom]Is this where we post our useless, negative comments to try to be cool kids?It isn't? Oh okay.If I could downvote you goons more than once, I would.On topic:My hour or so of MOP was fairly enjoyable. I'm somewhat fired up to get geared up and attempt time runs and some of the other new features. The clusters of people are a bit annoying, but that always thins out and is just what happens with new content. I'd rather see too many people than none at all, right?[/citation]
What about useless positive comments that completely ignore the real problems Blizzard has with WoW?

Let's see, want to know why the Horde attack Theramore? Well, you won't experience it in game, you have to read the novel. Sort of reminiscent of how they never explained Varian's return in game, though they promised to, but you had to read about it in the comics.

And in this day and age of lawsuits for patent and copyright infringement, wonder how long Nintendo will take to sue over the incredibly Pokemon like pet battles.

Problem Blizzard has is Burning Crusade was the only expansion that ever gained subscribers at launch. Wrath stayed stagnant until that xpac launched in China in summer 2010, and was quickly rejected there. Cataclysm cost WoW 25% of it's subscriber base. If neither Arthas or Neltharion, two of Warcraft's most popular lore characters, can't grow WoW, something that started off as an April Fool's day joke sure isn't. And for those who will inevitably scream that Pandarens were in lore first, here is an article where Samwise, who created the panda drawing for his daughter originally, talks about how indeed they started in Warcraft as a joke.
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/03/know-your-lore-the-pandaren/

blackshifter

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I'm pretty surprised at how under the radar this launch has been. I haven't heard a word of it on any news media, no nothing except Toms.

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]dude79[/nom]lol kung fu panda, no thanks im having a blast with Guild Wars 2[/citation]

Except pandarens were around before kung fu panda existed. Check out Warcraft 3.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'll be buying it and me and the wife will be playing it and enjoying it :) play whatever games you want to play i will be more than happy for you but let me play what i enjoy. for my $ wow is pretty good cheap entertainment, between it and the free to play tribes ascend i get entertainment for a $12.99 subscription (pay 6 months at a time) and internet connection

Logs onto a private server = no monthly fee, no added cost of buying "expansions", less QQ about patches that you hate. If you hate a particular expansion then don't play it. There are vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and cata realms all over the place but avoid the ones that have custom crap in them as they suck hard.

smakadopolis

Honorable
May 17, 2012
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]What about useless positive comments that completely ignore the real problems Blizzard has with WoW?Let's see, want to know why the Horde attack Theramore? Well, you won't experience it in game, you have to read the novel. Sort of reminiscent of how they never explained Varian's return in game, though they promised to, but you had to read about it in the comics.And in this day and age of lawsuits for patent and copyright infringement, wonder how long Nintendo will take to sue over the incredibly Pokemon like pet battles.Problem Blizzard has is Burning Crusade was the only expansion that ever gained subscribers at launch. Wrath stayed stagnant until that xpac launched in China in summer 2010, and was quickly rejected there. Cataclysm cost WoW 25% of it's subscriber base. If neither Arthas or Neltharion, two of Warcraft's most popular lore characters, can't grow WoW, something that started off as an April Fool's day joke sure isn't. And for those who will inevitably scream that Pandarens were in lore first, here is an article where Samwise, who created the panda drawing for his daughter originally, talks about how indeed they started in Warcraft as a joke.http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/03/ [...] -pandaren/[/citation]

My comments are directed at the 40 posts that always plague any of these threads that state nothing outside of "wow sux, i love gw2 now" or "im done with wow, its a horrible game". Or some other useless crap post.

Status
Not open for further replies.