Blizzard's 'Overwatch' Lands May 24, Open Beta Scheduled May 5-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. Origin edition you are basically paying for in-game items, am I correct?
Closed betas are always a hard beast to tackle as its quite hard to know if its a controlled beta in order to get positive reviews and limit negative ones or if its simply used as a control group.

I will consider it, but both SC2 and D3 were underwhelming for me, so Ill be cautious.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Been playing beta last couple days and really like it, definitely will being purchasing. Great performance with SLI too which is unusual for a beta, heck many launch titles don't use SLI.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
playing beta, great game. great learning curve, from easy to very hard heroes.

however, the graphics are GARBAGE. 2007 crysis has better graphics than this cartoon networrk worthy catered towards 9 year olds.

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
I pre-ordered. It's ok I suppose, but I expected to be suck in right away and that hasn't happened. It should get better as everyone develops better tactics to counter or neutralize the snipers and rocket spammers.

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
It installed quickly, but fails to run (appcrash). I have an open "support" thread (they aren't devoting real support people to it yet, so it's in the community forum) but we'll see if it ends up working or not. I had high hopes, but they are dwindling.

Update - 11 May 0200 GMT
Well, the beta is over, and no one ever responded to my inquiry... Exactly as I expected on this. Yay for "support". This is probably not the reason I won't buy any more Blizzard products... it's reinforcement from the last 4 times.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
hum... maybe if they added a single player story to their shooter it would sell way more, seems that multiplayer games only is a easy route for a developer and results in no fun playing againt competitive elites

Status
Not open for further replies.