Blizzard's Titan MMO Has Over 100 Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
With how D3 ended up, I have low expectations for this. They're probably gonna develop Titan in a way that will allow them to milk as much as possible

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]I honestly think they should have just improve the WoW, fix any complains from players, so it wont lose anymore subscribers.[/citation]
IMO that is one of the problems with WoW, they fixed soo many complaints that now it's easy mode.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]pliskin1[/nom]IMO that is one of the problems with WoW, they fixed soo many complaints that now it's easy mode.[/citation]it is because they listened the kids who complained rather than the real gamer or hire a real gamer who find out a reason why people quit. Understanding common human behavior is one of the important thing to be success, they let their corporate greed cloud their judgement.
Developer like Valve manage to do this pretty well with their steam. Valve know what their customer actually want. Unfortunately the people in Blizzard do not really know what their own customer want.

kaiuno

Honorable
May 4, 2012
[citation][nom]chairman ray[/nom]Hopefully Blizzard can dig up some really innovative ideas to put into the MMO genre like how WoW started off.[/citation]

And with digg up you mean, of course, steal from what's already been done by others before you and polish it into something so easy and safe a cow could play it, whilst tacking on the blandest lore there ever was. Yay Blizzard!

Sorry. I liked the crack-like mechanics for a while, but it all feels so bland...

G

more people = less personal game ie.. shit games in general. the best of the best games has always been made by a few people.

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
i am hoping this fails big time and causes EA to sell off blizzard. SC2 was meh, D3 is a fail. Hopefully the loss of the money grubbing influence of EA will rebirth a hungrier better Blizzard who will once again produce worthy games

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]With how D3 ended up, I have low expectations for this. They're probably gonna develop Titan in a way that will allow them to milk as much as possible[/citation]No doubt there will be micro transactions and a real money auction house from which Blizz will take 15%.

For the people dissing Diablo 3, it was actually quite fun until Inferno difficulty where the AH was required to progress. I haven't played since Paragon levels were added, but a friend who plays quite enjoys it now.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Diablo 3 was pretty good, I never spent money on RMAH and solo cleared Inferno before 1.03 nerfs without amazing gear. People who were only Hell-capable at D3 had the wrong the impression that RMAH was the only way to beat the content, they could not accept that it was actually their personal skill level holding them back.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I encourage the young gaming enthusiasts of today, to venture into the likes of kickstarter.com and dethrone the cancer that is EA, Activision, and now Blizzard. Don't waste your precious time playing these corporate infused game engines, where all the magic is missing unless you pay 50 times the purchase price of your initial game. It is big business today, no doubt, but NOT as your GAME ENGINE!!!!

radon_antila

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]I encourage the young gaming enthusiasts of today, to venture into the likes of kickstarter.com and dethrone the cancer that is EA, Activision, and now Blizzard. Don't waste your precious time playing these corporate infused game engines, where all the magic is missing unless you pay 50 times the purchase price of your initial game. It is big business today, no doubt, but NOT as your GAME ENGINE!!!![/citation]As the average age of a PC gaming enthusiast keeps increasing on a yearly basis, what you dream - youths dethroning the "Gaming Establishment" - is unlikely to happen. There aren't enough youths entering the gaming market where those three companies are competing to replace those of us who are leaving or have already left.

The second problem is not that "the magic is missing." Rather, the problem is that today's youth do not see how it is magic at all.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]Diablo 3 was pretty good, I never spent money on RMAH and solo cleared Inferno before 1.03 nerfs without amazing gear. People who were only Hell-capable at D3 had the wrong the impression that RMAH was the only way to beat the content, they could not accept that it was actually their personal skill level holding them back.[/citation]I love people like you who claim you cleared inferno without any problems and without buying any gear. Generally if we look at your profile, we'll find you never completed Act 1 inferno. I don't know who you think said RMAH was required, but it wasn't. The regular gold AH was required to progress. There was one person I know of in a group of 20+ who had awesome luck with good items dropping constantly. I wasn't one of those though. I had something like a 250 dps weapon going into Inferno with a total of 3k dps, which was about one third what was required. I *had* to buy a 600 dps weapon just to be able to kill elite groups before they enraged. Some classes had it easier than others of course but generally, if you were unlucky in finding good items on your own, you HAD to buy it on the AH. Plain and simple. Blizzard wanted you to buy from the AH. The whole game is designed around it.

[citation][nom]pliskin1[/nom]IMO that is one of the problems with WoW, they fixed soo many complaints that now it's easy mode.[/citation]
This seems to happen with every MMO as it ages. When COH came out it was actually quite a challenge(if you exclude some of the bugs that made it easy).

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Most of those 100 would be artists.
Note that team that works on game cinematics alone has 85 members.
Wow team was 45, as far as I recall. (not counting quest designers I presume)

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Considering the mediocrity of SC2 and the mess that was D3 (okay game, but inferior in everyway to D2) I can honestly say that the once flawless reputation of Blizzard has been ruined and therefore I will approach their games like every other game nowadays: it will almost certainly be average, if that.

G

BLEH! WoW Came out in a different era! At this moment in time, the market is saturated, and the landscape has changed, it will not be a walk in the park. Blizzard has also screwed most of the releases they have done in the past few years so going by that, I will definitely think thrice before another Blizzard purchase!

G

BLEH! WoW Came out in a different era! At this moment in time, the market is saturated, and the landscape has changed, it will not be a walk in the park. Blizzard has also screwed most of the releases they have done in the past few years so going by that, I will definitely think thrice before another Blizzard purchase!

morstern

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Over 100 people on the team, 100s more in some way connected (family, hardware support, office personnel, etc) and we can't get some solid leaks?!

Status
Not open for further replies.