Blizzard's Travis Day Outlines Diablo 3's Future

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

logainofhades

Titan
Sadly, they have the same kind of idiots running WoW. There is a reason WoW peaked in Wrath and declined with Cata and MoP. In Wrath the lore/story line was far better. I still play, but nowhere near as much as I did in Wrath.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]darth vader[/nom]LOL , wasted 60 quid , uninstalled within few days , never going back. Ps. How do you think blizzard , will i purchase another game from you ?[/citation]

Same here. Got utterly bored of it after a couple of hours. It was like "Diablo for kids".

Got Torchlight II and never looked back. And i've heard very good things about Path of Exile.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
it's amazing how people are so gung-ho about auction house...

the gamers paid ActivisionBlizzard to make money for THEM!

it's quite brilliant if you think about it...

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]If you polish a turd, it's still a turd.[/citation]

Mythbusters confirmed that you can polish turd. So in this case we literally have a shiny turd!

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
"outlined" the future? what did he do? retrace the big square at the top of the flowchart with glaring letters that says: R M A H ? Because clearly, that is where the gaming industry is today. I love how they can get away with it, and test this crap on the masses, to give us something to talk about, but they will ultimately still dictate their way through, when they have a target dedicated audience, such as the one that Diablo3 still currently has on its forums. There are still over a million of spineless jellyfish there. Sadly, Blizzard wins. Not in my book though, I'm going to be enjoying PoE when that hits alpha. and today is time for Tomb Raider!

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]What's sad about this is that they had 12 years to make this game.[/citation]

How many years does it take Activision to release a diablo sequel? 12. 11.5 to plan Paypal and Datacenter virtualization to handle the herd of headless credit card dual wielders, and half a year to paint some animation around that engine.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]The game was ruined by their attempt in getting it ported for PS3/4, will never go back to beta testing it again.[/citation]

you, amongst many people, dear sir, are one to believe this is ported to the playstation, when in fact, that game was ported to the PC from the console. They are still not finished releasing this game. It is a year , two year long beta test, with many many many green RMAH users at their disposal.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Well first I'll give credit to Blizzard for trying to fix the game. They could have just walked away with the money and said piss off like some other companies do.
That said, I've lost interest as many others have. The flaws are so fundamental and dispite them saying they are fixing it, it doesn't seem any better.

Here is one example.
In D2 I loved set piece hunting. In D2 you could probably put together a lower level set like Saigons after a few play throughs. Then you could hand it down to your next new toon and regardless of what class that toon was, at that low level, it was useful. You know how many set pieces I've found after 3 max lvl charactors and countless hours of play.....none. Add to that the rares and uniques, the few I've found, useless.

There is no satisfaction or reward in D3. It's gone and so is my interest. I'm sure I'll try again at some point when I want something different and don't want to buy a new game but it won't be soon or often.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Diablo 3's future is to continue collecting dust on my shelf.

Boring and repetitive. I dont care what new shiny items are introduced, still going to be boring and repetitive. You could have at least hired some good writers for this Blizz. I can forgive a lot, but a hollow empty story I will not. If you are not trying to do a story-based game, then just cut it entirely. Say here's a dungeon, there's loot, go forth and grind it till you get bored.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]06yfz450ridr[/nom]just started playing this game and have to say its not really that bad. its a nice alternative to play other than just bf3 or dc universe[/citation]
There are other games out there besides those 3 you realize, yes?

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
It's the only game I ever gave away and haven't regret doing so. I don't even have a nostalgic feeling to play it. I honestly didn't jump on the hate bandwagon simply to go with the flow, I genuinely found this game bad, both in substance and in technical achievement. The only thing about it that I enjoyed was the music, and for the most part that lacked any originality as most of the score was recycled from the first two games.

jonyah

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
People are still playing this? Sounds like they haven't learned anything. First let's add more items, then some more, uh too many, let's remove some. Nothing is fundamentally changing about the game which is why I'm still waiting paitently for them to give up and refund my money #pipedreams

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Memnarchon[/nom]1st Recreate Blizzard North with ALL of their previous members nomatter what (buy their companies if you have to, we know you have the cash as Activision-Blizzard).2nd Give them unconditionally the Diablo 3 project and BEG them to fix this detestation and transform it to a real DIABLO game without any intervention not from Mike Morhaime, but not even from God himself.3rd ?????4th Profit.[/citation]
Problem is....some of those devs work on Torchlight.....

[citation][nom]logainofhades[/nom]Sadly, they have the same kind of idiots running WoW. There is a reason WoW peaked in Wrath and declined with Cata and MoP. In Wrath the lore/story line was far better. I still play, but nowhere near as much as I did in Wrath.[/citation]
Same kind? Jay Wilson had his hands in both games....and consequently has ruined both. Keep in mind, Blizzard North created Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft. Blizzard South has never created a successful game.....only ruined them. They simply need to fire Jay Wilson and replace him with someone that actually has a clue wtf they're going....

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]fourtydeuce[/nom]After Cata, Mist & D3 I actually don't want them to try a Warcraft 4[/citation]
Fear not.... Jay Wilson and his team of failures would fine some amazing new way to ruin any new Warcraft sequels...

Problem is....when a team has never developed a successful game or has never been part of the development of a successful game, they don't have a clue what to do.

Diablo3 started off it's development with Blizzard North. After the Blizzard North team left...it was passed on to Jay Wilson's Blizzard South team....who has never developed a successful IP. In fact....Diablo, Warcraft and StarCraft (Blizzard's most popular and successful IPs) all originated with Blizzard North. Blizzard South was a breading ground for failure.... Jay Wilson's team scrapped the work done by the Blizzard North team and proceeded to completely destroy one of Blizzard's most successful IPs....which is all he actually knows how to do..

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Playing Vampire Bloodlines again right now. One of the first open world styled RPG/FPS games sorta like Fallout 3 style and it was from Activision but back when Activision wasn't evil greedy pigs like they are now. When game content mattered.

jono009

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Why do people hate this game so much? I mean it's not the greatest, but everyone here who is bitching has likely spent 45-50 + hours playing and still say it sucks.

revered

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
[citation][nom]jono009[/nom]Why do people hate this game so much? I mean it's not the greatest, but everyone here who is bitching has likely spent 45-50 + hours playing and still say it sucks.[/citation]
Friend, everyone here played the game 45-50+ hours because of the love for the previous games and the hope that after they experienced everything D3 had to offer it would be better than what was sinking in.

The game is ruined because of:
The Auction House - Pay to Win, destroyed itemization, helped force always-online.
Class Skills - Very few in number, imbalanced, no points to spend like in a real RPG
Difficulty - Easy compared to previous, Inferno was nerfed, farming Champ packs isn't fun.
Always Online/DRM - Online should ALWAYS be for multiplayer only. Dont subject players to latency, lag, rubberbanding, and disconnect issues when all they want to do is play by themselves.
PVP - Never liked it in D2, but they promised it and failed time and time again to deliver. Still have really.

People can question the volatility towards Diablo 3 all they want but until you understand the love Diablo fans had for the previous games you won't understand why this game is such a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.