Blockbuster Selling Custom Archos 10 Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
The move to sell the Archos 10 is a clear means to reel in customers after losing ground to Netflix and other online rental services. Whether the plan works or not depends on the consumer's wallet, however $300 doesn't sound like a bad deal./quote]

So i'm confused. How does BlockBuster think a netbook will lure me away from my Netflix????

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
So.... I can pay $300 for media player-like device with a 10 inch screen to carry with me in addition to the stuff I already have. and (probably) pay another montly fee for blockbusters download services.

-OR-

I can use my existing laptop with a 15" inch screen and my existing monthly fee to watch downloaded movies AND dvd discs in all the same places.

I must be missing something in the marketspeak here - but I plan to keep my existing laptop.

ceslami

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Blockbuster is done, and they have been slowly bleeding since Netflix took a foothold in the market. Firstly, people have little incentive to get their netbook from Blockbuster, as the same netbook and an equally priced plan from Netflix can be purchased online.

When AT&T wanted to sell netbooks, they offered them for next to nothing alongside a 2-year contract. That way, consumers had an incentive to buy their netbook and no one else's.

Blockbuster missed the target with this one, and it will undoubtedly amount to nothing more than a decent media spot.

For more about netbooks, visit http://www.netbookstation.com.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
You don't hear much at all from Blockbuster for like 3 years straight, and then they jump out of the bush saying "TADAAAA! Look what we've got. It's a NETBOOK. Anyone interested? Anyone? Bueller?"

Status
Not open for further replies.