Question Blu-ray Burning Issues

May 21, 2019
I am having trouble burning blu-ray discs. I have used a LG bluray burner and a Pioneer external bluray burner that is brand new and I am having no luck. I have used Optical Quantum and Verbatim 16x discs. I have burned a project successfully onto a Verbatim BD-RE 2x disc, but anytime I try to burn the project to one of the two BD-Rs mentioned it doesn't read in my bluray player. I have also tried modifying the write speeds (anywhere from 4x-8x when appropriate)

Any suggestions on what else I can try? Thanks in advance.

May 21, 2019
The problem might be your Blu ray player. What is the model?

Do disks burned in the burners you have play the disks you've burned fine or no?

It's an older LG player. I know it's at least 5 years old. It played the BD-RE disc just fine and it plays professionally made blurays fine as well. Do the older players struggle with BD-Rs?

May 21, 2019
It's an older LG player. I know it's at least 5 years old. It played the BD-RE disc just fine and it plays professionally made blurays fine as well. Do the older players struggle with BD-Rs?
Cyberlink shows an "unsupported file type" and Leawo crashes when I try to play it, but it also did that with the disc that worked.

I generally burn at about 8x on 16x discs.

Honestly, and I'm sorry about this, I'm really not sure what your problem might be other than software. I use only DVDfab products, exclusively, for burning DVD and Blu ray discs and have never had any issues playing any of them on Leawo player or in my entertainment center Blu ray player. If you have not already, I'd try to find some answers on the forum for the software being used.