Question Blue Screen after installing new CPU

1_tru_comic_sans

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
Hey guys so I recently upgraded from a R5 2600 to R5 5600 and I also recently bought a new gpu(RX6650xt) as well but the problem is that when I installed my new cpu I would get multiple blue screens on either startup, restart, or even when the pc was just idle, but when I switch back to the R5 2600 everything works fine. Also I got a little too excited and had installed the R5 5600 before updating my bio, but afterwards I installed the new bios update so I'm not too sure if that could've caused the issue as well.
I also tried to reinstall my OS but it would just constantly bluescreen during the process as well until I was just able to get it back into working condition and I had tired reset my bios settings to the default too. I'm also not too sure if it could be a power supply issue as well as it might not be enough to power the system with it just being 520w.

Here are a couple of the blue screens I would get:
System Thread Exception Not Handled
Kernel Security Check Failure
Kmode Exception Not Handled (amdppm.sys failed)
Memory Management(win32kbase.sys failed)
Kmode Exception Not Handled(with no notification of what failed)
System Service Exception(win32kfull.sys failed)
Critical Process Died

System Specs:
CPU:R5 5600
GPU:Rx 6650xt
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 520w 80plus Bronze
Motherboard: Gigabyte b450m Ds3h

Hey guys so I recently upgraded from a R5 2600 to R5 5600 and I also recently bought a new gpu(RX6650xt) as well but the problem is that when I installed my new cpu I would get multiple blue screens on either startup, restart, or even when the pc was just idle, but when I switch back to the R5 2600 everything works fine. Also I got a little too excited and had installed the R5 5600 before updating my bio, but afterwards I installed the new bios update so I'm not too sure if that could've caused the issue as well.
I also tried to reinstall my OS but it would just constantly bluescreen during the process as well until I was just able to get it back into working condition and I had tired reset my bios settings to the default too. I'm also not too sure if it could be a power supply issue as well as it might not be enough to power the system with it just being 520w.

Here are a couple of the blue screens I would get:
System Thread Exception Not Handled
Kernel Security Check Failure
Kmode Exception Not Handled (amdppm.sys failed)
Memory Management(win32kbase.sys failed)
Kmode Exception Not Handled(with no notification of what failed)
System Service Exception(win32kfull.sys failed)
Critical Process Died

System Specs:
CPU:R5 5600
GPU:Rx 6650xt
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 520w 80plus Bronze
Did your clear your CMOS, if you can install a new CPU you need to clear the CMOS to remove the old cpuid

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Try googling the error messages and proceed with remedy for each issue.

For example, the first error message (System Thread Exception Not Handled ) seems to indicate driver issues.
The second one (Kernel Security Check Failure), indicates different kinds of reasons like memory issues, virus infections
The third: (Kmode Exception Not Handled (amdppm.sys failed) has to do with overclocking.
etc.

Those are all from Microsoft tech support forums, by the way.

See which one might apply in your case, and take it from there. The easiest one to start with is to use one stick of RAM at a time and see if RAM / memory is the issue.