Blue screen annoying as hell

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
i got 2 bsods today and one in less than 5 minutes... i was playing csgo alt tabbed to check some shit watch some videos till i respawn then when i return to csgo its just a black screen then i restarted my computer waited for it then launch csgo after that i had another blue screen which says cdd.dll and i get one that says system service exception i think....

i just got banned for 7 days because of this any tips how to fix this? do i have to spend money?

Solution
Have you done any maintenance on your pc lately? If you say had two ram sticks and didn't put them back in the right configuration skipping a slot in between, it can cause a host of issues.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

ah thank you very much i did not realize my ram was skipping a slot i did not know that you can't do that, thanks i'll fix it soon and do i have to download anything when i fix the ram? or do something that takes awhile or all i have to do is relocate the ram stick?

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

i found the cdd.dll file i searched for it and it was in C:/Windows/System32 Folder... not in CSGO

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

not really recent, i think it started happening when i got this weird virus (like a year ago) that started infecting all my files so i had to do a lot of scans and had to install some anti malware stuff the virus came from a usb.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014
Alright then try running superantispyware, but download it to a usb from a different computer, then run your pc in safemode, with no internet access. Plug in the usb download the program to a deep clean. Hope everything starts working properly or what o.s. is this 7 or 10. If you have 7 just upgrade to 10 i'd say.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

its 7, i also get win32k.sys blue screen very annoying it Mostly happens when i play cs go (when i tab out)

What is your windows build number?
if you run windows 7 RTM with current GPU drivers you will get bugchecks in
CDD.dll and win32k.sys

run winver.exe /r
and report the version number and build number.
If you have windows 7, you have to install windows 7 SP1 +updates.
Otherwise, put your memory dump on a server and post a link.

Note: you want windows 7 sp1 build 7601
build 7600 will bugcheck because of various bugs in the windows code that current versions of graphics drivers no longer work around.