[SOLVED] Blue Screen boot loop

PhillipFry

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
Hello, I hadn’t used my pc for nearly a week, tried turning it on and got the blue screen of death. I tried the repair tool but it did nothing. Every time I reboot I get a different error code, I noticed the rgb on my ram is not working and was wondering if it could be a ram issue or something more, just wanted to ask before buying all brand new ram for no fix, any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Take everything off the motherboard except 1 stick of ram and the processor, coolers and fans don't matter. This includes all drives being removed.

If you can get past the BIOS or get a "no OS detected" or similar message, it has POSTed and the mobo and ram are probably OK.

If it doesnt work, try one of the other RAM sticks/in another slot till it works. If none of them do, its likely the mobo. If only certain ram works, then you have a suspect with the rest.

PhillipFry

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
stick with 1 thread
Hello, I hadn’t used my pc for nearly a week, tried turning it on and got the blue screen of death, I tried the repair tool but it did nothing, every time I reboot I get a different error code, I noticed the rgb on my ram is not working and was wondering if it could be a ram issue or something more, just wanted to ask before buying all brand new ram for no fix, any help would be appreciated

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Take everything off the motherboard except 1 stick of ram and the processor, coolers and fans don't matter. This includes all drives being removed.

If you can get past the BIOS or get a "no OS detected" or similar message, it has POSTed and the mobo and ram are probably OK.

If it doesnt work, try one of the other RAM sticks/in another slot till it works. If none of them do, its likely the mobo. If only certain ram works, then you have a suspect with the rest.

Solution