Question Blue Screen Crashes with different codes while gaming. Need help !

deguireay

Honorable
Sep 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’ve been playing on this config without changing a single thing for a little over a year now. I’ve recently started getting BSOD while gaming out of nowhere even after a complete Windows 11 reinstall from a USB. BSOD appears between 2 minutes and an hour of playing the game.

At first my pc would freeze for a second, then the blue screen page would appear for not even half a second and computer would restart itself. I then turned off the automatic restart in advanced system options and now it doesn’t restart itself after crashing. Now the blue screen page appears and it gets stuck at 0% no matter how long I leave it there. I would also note that at the moment of the crash my second monitor always freezes in a weird lagged way with the screen all bugged and then on my main monitor is stuck on the blue screen page.

Every single time I crash it stays stuck at 0% and the Mini Dump always fails to get created even after I followed every step to activate the creation of Mini dumps. Every time I crash it fails to create Mini Dump so sorry but I don’t have any for y’all.

I’ve gotten a few error since this started happening :

• CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
  • UNEXPECTED_STORE _EXCEPTION
  • REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION (What failed : WdFilter.sys)
  • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I think the one I’ve gotten de most is the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Unsuccessful things I’ve tried :

• I have tried reinstalling Windows 11 completely
  • Stressing all part of the computer to cause a crash but it only seems to happen when I’m playing games
  • Making sure all drivers are up to date
  • Updating BIOS
  • Turning on/off D.O.C.P

The only thing that kinda worked for a bit was reseating my RAM, GPU and NVME. First time I did it I was able to game 2 full days without crashing. Then it started crashing constantly again so I tried reseating RAM, GPU and NVME once again and I was able to play all my games with no problem for more than a week, but now it crashed this morning while playing WoW and I wasn’t doing anything particularly demanding. The error I got this morning was KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and it still got stuck on 0% BSOD.

Maybe also worth noting that when getting BSOD every component stays on including all the RGB. Even when I was getting restarts without blue screen, when turning off and on really quick none of the lights would close, only the screen would shut down and right away I would see the booting logo from Asus without any RGB or hardware turning off.

I am very desperate and I can't stop thinking about it because I want to play lol. Thanks in advance for anyone who will help, much love.

My config :

ASUS ROG B550-F WIFI

Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3600mhz

Ryzen 9 5900x

RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Corsair Gold 750W

NVME M.2 Sabrent Rocket 2TB

Hi everyone,

I’ve been playing on this config without changing a single thing for a little over a year now. I’ve recently started getting BSOD while gaming out of nowhere even after a complete Windows 11 reinstall from a USB. BSOD appears between 2 minutes and an hour of playing the game.

At first my pc would freeze for a second, then the blue screen page would appear for not even half a second and computer would restart itself. I then turned off the automatic restart in advanced system options and now it doesn’t restart itself after crashing. Now the blue screen page appears and it gets stuck at 0% no matter how long I leave it there. I would also note that at the moment of the crash my second monitor always freezes in a weird lagged way with the screen all bugged and then on my main monitor is stuck on the blue screen page.

Every single time I crash it stays stuck at 0% and the Mini Dump always fails to get created even after I followed every step to activate the creation of Mini dumps. Every time I crash it fails to create Mini Dump so sorry but I don’t have any for y’all.

I’ve gotten a few error since this started happening :

• CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
  • UNEXPECTED_STORE _EXCEPTION
  • REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION (What failed : WdFilter.sys)
  • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
I think the one I’ve gotten de most is the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Unsuccessful things I’ve tried :

• I have tried reinstalling Windows 11 completely
  • Stressing all part of the computer to cause a crash but it only seems to happen when I’m playing games
  • Making sure all drivers are up to date
  • Updating BIOS
  • Turning on/off D.O.C.P

The only thing that kinda worked for a bit was reseating my RAM, GPU and NVME. First time I did it I was able to game 2 full days without crashing. Then it started crashing constantly again so I tried reseating RAM, GPU and NVME once again and I was able to play all my games with no problem for more than a week, but now it crashed this morning while playing WoW and I wasn’t doing anything particularly demanding. The error I got this morning was KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and it still got stuck on 0% BSOD.

Maybe also worth noting that when getting BSOD every component stays on including all the RGB. Even when I was getting restarts without blue screen, when turning off and on really quick none of the lights would close, only the screen would shut down and right away I would see the booting logo from Asus without any RGB or hardware turning off.

I am very desperate and I can't stop thinking about it because I want to play lol. Thanks in advance for anyone who will help, much love.

My config :

ASUS ROG B550-F WIFI

Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3600mhz

Ryzen 9 5900x

RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Corsair Gold 750W

NVME M.2 Sabrent Rocket 2TB
You might want to start with a quality 850w or bigger psu.

deguireay

Honorable
Sep 11, 2017
You might want to start with a quality 850w or bigger psu.
But it didn't crash for over a year in a half with the same config so I'm pretty sure the PSU Wattage isn't the problem. Maybe it went bad I don't know but it doesn't seem to be the case because it wouldn't explain why my problem always gets temporarily resolved when I disconnect and reconnect RAM, GPU and NVME

But it didn't crash for over a year in a half with the same config so I'm pretty sure the PSU Wattage isn't the problem. Maybe it went bad I don't know but it doesn't seem to be the case because it wouldn't explain why my problem always gets temporarily resolved when I disconnect and reconnect RAM, GPU and NVME
I think power wise your running in the iffy area.

It's your call if you want to fix this.