Aug 17, 2020
Hi there

so i have tried everything I possibly can do or can think of but i have had no luck.

i7 9700
Default cooler
ROG Strix h370-f mobo
1x16gb vengeance LPX
Hp EX920 m.2
Asus RX460 2gb
Raidmax RX-730ss

i keep getting blue screen with the stopcode error of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and it happens randomly with multiple games and has so far only happen while playing games

Solution
Get latest bios if not having it.
Get latest motherboard drivers as well. Mainly chipset first, but lan and sounddrivers as well.

And please get a decent psu in your system.

The one stick of ram is in the second slot from the cpu out?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Get latest bios if not having it.
Get latest motherboard drivers as well. Mainly chipset first, but lan and sounddrivers as well.

And please get a decent psu in your system.

The one stick of ram is in the second slot from the cpu out?

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What is the second gpu? Maybe try DDU to get rid of all drivers it can find, be it AMD or Nvidia, just take the (which ever) gpu out and work of the igp, means no AMD or Nvidia driver used and should it be easy to get rid of them.
After being done with this put the gpu of choice back and try again with latest drivers for that gpu. MIght still be older ones for the RX 460 for example.
For drivers,
Nvidia
AMD

You changed psu as well? To what if so.

Reactions: MarkS02

MarkS02

Prominent
Aug 25, 2020
I went through this not long ago. Turned out to be corrupted files. They can occur and accumulate for lots of reasons especially improper shut downs of Windows like power blinks, etc. Did the following procedures and machine ran smoother and faster than ever. Will take about two hours:

To check health of drive and repair lost or corrupted Windows files run in this order:

A. CHKDSK: (Finds/repairs bad disk sectors)

1 Go to Task Bar Search >> Type CMD>> Right Click on COMMAND PROMPT, Select "Run As Administrator"

2. Type or cut 'n paste from here: CHKDSK /F /R C: >>>Enter (will get message must run on restart)

3. Type: Y >>> Enter

4. Type: Exit >>> Restart Windows to run CHKDSK

B. SCANNOW- To Fix corrupted files:

1 Go to Task Bar Search >> Type CMD>> Right Click on COMMAND PROMPT, Select "Run As Administrator"

2. Type or cut 'n paste from here: SFC /SCANNOW >>> Enter

C. ONLINE RESTORE IMAGE- (Repairs corrupted and cross linked Windows system files. MUST be online to run)

1. Go to Task Bar Search >> Type CMD>> Right Click on COMMAND PROMPT, Select "Run As Administrator"

2. Type or cut 'n paste from here: DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH >> Enter

Last edited: