Blue Screen Of Death after changing my motherboard

chapapa07

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Yesterday, I installed an used motherboard called gigabyte ep43-udl3 1.1, it has been without use for 2 years in my house. The mobo I had before was an ecs g31t-m7 but my system didnt want to boot with this mobo so I decided to change it in order to see if the motherboard was the problem.

I installed the gigabyte mobo to my system, I turn my system on, it shows a gigabyte logo with some options ( press del for bios) and 10 seconds later it shows this:

Photo0592.jpg

20 seconds later windows starts to load , 4 seconds later before loading its logo it gives me a fast blue screen of death that doesnt give me enought time to photograph it.

After that it shows me this:

Photo0594.jpg

Then it says this (Im unable to use my keyboard for some reason):

Photo0591.jpg

It automatically chooses "startup repair", but it fails in repairing and later shows me this:

Photo0593.jpg

It seems like the mobo was the problem before because my system doesnt doubt to boot anymore, but now I have another problem.... xD.

My system:

Core 2 quad q8300 2.5
MSI GTX 550 ti oc
4 gb ddr2 800
OCZ Fatal1ty 550 W
Windows 7 64 bit
Western Digital Caviar Black 1002FAEX 1 TB

mubin

Distinguished
you didnt install windows after changing motherboard. Did you? Its driver conflict problem. Thats why BSOD. It not booting because os was installed with old mobo.

Do a fresh installation of windows and you will be fine i hope.

Good luck.

mubin

Distinguished
You have to format only windows drive, not whole hdd. Do you have separate partition for windows?

You can backup your files if you connect your hdd to another system. Then backup it that system or other drive in your hdd.

chapapa07

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Yes, I do have separate partions, I tried to reinstall OS by setting the bios to boot from the dvd but, when my system tells me to press any key for booting from the dvd, my keyboard doesnt work......., dont know why but it just works in the bios. :??:

mubin

Distinguished

Are you using USB keyboard? If yes, then enable usb keyboard from bios. You should be fine.

gene_11

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
most boards bios come with the usb support on, your usb keyboard is fine with out messing with the bios,if your usb keyboard is not detected, look for the jumper set saying usb power(sometin like that) to provide 5v standby vcc. to power up the keyboard

chapapa07

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

In fact it did, now My pc doesn't doubt to boot anymore and my PCs speed in games is normal as it used to be :na: .

The only problem I have now is that sometimes when I navigate through the bios , without changing anything or regarless what I do, when I exit the bios my system turn off by itself and 3 seconds later it turn on by itselft and 3 seconds later again it turn off by itself again and again until I turn it off manually or I turn off my UPS.

My other problem is that every time I try to dissable "write-caching policy" my pc freezes up , and I have to press the restart bottom in order to be able to use my pc again, this used to happen with the other mobo.

Finally, I can use my pc ...and play video games!.