BLUE SCREEN of DEATH AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP MODE...

Basiliko5

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi everyone.

Im somehow new to this... I recently built my first pc on my own (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) and sometimes when i start it after sleep it crashes, shows BSoD ,then restarts and everything is back to normal.I downloaded Whocrashed and it shows the following:

1)crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031315-48765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x31, 0xFFFFFA8006ABFBA0, 0xFFFFF8800737F000, 0xFFFFF8A00EDC03B8)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

2)crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x31, 0xFFFFFA8006ABFBA0, 0xFFFFF8800737F000, 0xFFFFF8A00EDC03B8)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

3)crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031215-35849-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80003091476)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I also uploaded the minidump files to these links in case someone could use them:

a)https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceepneoc2wmtvdk/030715-36894-01.dmp?dl=0

b)https://www.dropbox.com/s/8676bkgmklpmn9t/031215-35849-01.dmp?dl=0

c)https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfh08uyfsx8j8hu/031315-48765-01.dmp?dl=0

I would really appreciate some help.

Solution
it would depend on the reason for the revision of the motherboard, most of the time they are fixing minor problems that are exposed with certain hardware configurations. Generally they just update the BIOS or make a special device driver for your board to disable a feature and these would be listed by the vendor for the board revision.

Yes, sleep (low power link) circuits on older board produced before windows 8 do tend to have problems but your board is a current generation. It is more likely to have a problem in the low power link of your add on hardware than on your motherboard. (or old drivers written for windows 7, where many low power link features were turn off by default, windows 8 has them enabled by default and exposed the...

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
If you haven't done this already, run memtest86+ on your PC. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD could be the result of bad RAM or improperly configured RAM settings. http://www.memtest86.com/ First, reset your BIOS if you are OC'ing anything. Next, check for any BIOS updates and install them. Then, run memtest. If you get any errors, chances are the RAM is bad.

Basiliko5

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
I havent OCed the CPU and i havent installed any BIOS updates. BUT i have already runthe windows memory diagnostic tool and it showed no errors...Anyway here are the parts :

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI RETAIL

RAM:G.SKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900 1866MHZ RIPJAWSX DUAL CHANNEL KIT

CPU:INTEL CORE I5-4690K 3.50GHZ LGA1150

STORAGE: WESTERN DIGITAL WD10EZEX 1TB CAVIAR BLUE SATA3

PSU:COOLERMASTER G650M GM SERIES 650W MODULAR PSU – 80+ BRONZE (RS650-AMAAB1-EU)

GPU:SAPPHIRE DUAL-X RADEON R9 280 BOOST OC 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E RETAIL.

It could be the sleep states your motherboard allows/doesn't allow.
You should go into power settings and disable hybrid sleep if it is enabled.
You can also try disabling standby/sleep state s1/s3 in bios. (just try different configurations)
See if your hard drive is showing up in bios on the right sata port, sometimes switching ports helps.
Update bios to the latest.

Basiliko5

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Thank you very much. Is there any danger updating motheroboard's BIOS or should i be carefull about anything??? I am a bit of noob and i dont want to mess my pc...Also,how can i update BIOS?

Yes, there is some risk do not do it through windows. Use a utility to do it through the bios or dos utility.
That board has dual bios, which means if you mess up the main bios it fixes it from the backup.
Do not use the @bios tool, from my reading it's bad.

Sometimes the dual bios won't kick in, there are posts from people who found ways to force it to recover.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/40670-how-fix-dead-bios-dual-bios-gigabyte-mobo-ga-k8nxp-series.html

Short answer is risky, but probably recoverable. Do not use @bios.

well, if memtest86 works as expected then I would be looking at this driver as a potential cause of the corruption:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Soluto.sys Mon Feb 14 04:25:50 2011
(mainly because it is the oldest 3rd party driver)

to figure out what driver is corrupting memory you will have set your memory dump type to kernel memory dump, then run verifier.exe and set debug flags and check all the 3rd party drivers for common errors. Then reboot your system and run until you get a bugcheck, the new memory dump will contain tracking data and help name the driver that is causing the problem.
info on how to run verifier.exe: link is down now so just google on how to run verifier.exe

---------------
third bugcheck was also a memory corruption.

-------------
second bugcheck was cause by a bad memory address sent to a winsock driver while running
Aladdin HASP License Manager Service.

it could be a bug in their driver or they could be the victim of memory corruption by another driver or a memory problem.

-----------------
I don't see a clear cause of this first bugcheck, will look at some of the others.

maybe: update BIOS to current version (gigabyte did not list any fixes that would fix this problem)

your mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll Sat Nov 20 05:03:51 2010 is much older than your CPU. This file overrides the microcode in the CPU when it is loaded by windows.

update intel drivers:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
your mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll Sat Nov 20 05:03:51 2010 is much older than your CPU

--------------
looked at the first bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
error subtype= 31 =The image relocation fix-up table or code stream has been corrupted. This is probably a hardware error.

hardware:
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Z97X-SLI-CF
BIOS Release Date 06/17/2014
BIOS Version F6
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3500MHz

Basiliko5

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Well i updated the BIOS to the latest version, then i run the memtest and after 4 passes and it showed 5 errors...So i guess my RAM has some problems. I also installed intel driver utility which found an update for intel graphics. i put my pc to sleep mode for 3 times and it woke up normally. No BSOD.

What do you suggest??? Should i change my RAM or run memtest again for each memory stick seperately to see if one or both of them have problems? Should i follow johnbl's advice ?

(And something which is probably of topic and i havent find an answer: i see that my motherboard model has 3 differnet revisions. rev 1.0 ,re1.1 and rev 1.2. My mobo is rev 1.1 , but i saw that it has the exact same drivers name with the other two revisions.My question is what happens if someone would install drivers from different rev????)(I installed BIOS and drivers with the right rev :p ).

it would depend on the reason for the revision of the motherboard, most of the time they are fixing minor problems that are exposed with certain hardware configurations. Generally they just update the BIOS or make a special device driver for your board to disable a feature and these would be listed by the vendor for the board revision.

Yes, sleep (low power link) circuits on older board produced before windows 8 do tend to have problems but your board is a current generation. It is more likely to have a problem in the low power link of your add on hardware than on your motherboard. (or old drivers written for windows 7, where many low power link features were turn off by default, windows 8 has them enabled by default and exposed the bad hardware and bad drivers via bugchecks.)

Solution