[SOLVED] Blue screen of death while under load

Kasper_9900

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Hello people of the internet
I am looking for help regarding my problem with BSOD (Blue Screen of death)
About a 6 months ago I had these sudden crashes where it would BSOD and give error codes such as critical failure, memory management and such, fortunately, it stopped after a couple of days - At this time it could occur at any given time.

Now suddenly a few days ago the BSOD began again, this time with a cycle of Critical failure, memory management and the critical process going on loop - So I tried looking into solving the problem

Extra note: Recently the BSOD only seems to happen when I play games that demand a certain amount of load or when I install programs and such, it also happened when I had 8+ Tabs open in chrome.

What I have tried:
CMD prompt and SFC/SCANNOW - This repaired a couple of files
Microsoft memory diagnostic tool - No ram failure given
And today a clean install of windows 10
Tried installing my programs again and the BSOD reappeared, what should I do?

These are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 4*8GB = 32 GB
MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING (LGA1151)
GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS
PSU: Corsair RM850i, 850W 80 PLUS Gold
STORAGE: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (M.2 SSD) (Boot drive) + Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) (Storage mainly)

Do not hesitate to ask if I left something out

Kind regards.

Solution
Hi,

1. Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

2. Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

3. Did SFC say it couldn't repair any?

If so,

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi,

1. Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

2. Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

3. Did SFC say it couldn't repair any?

If so,

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans the image files SFC uses to fix the other files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

4. Perhaps run hdtune on your ssd and check their smart scores, as Win 10 treats storage as memory as well

Last edited:
Solution