ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
So I recently got an i7-8700k and an ASRock Z390 phantom gaming 6 motherboard for my computer it’s been about two weeks and I have had zero problems till last night when I was playing destiny my pc randomly blue screened. I turned my OC on my cpu back 4.5 (it was originally at 4.7) and my pc still blue screened i then just disabled Xmp on the ram and put the cpu back to stock and then played for the rest of the night with 0 issues. When I overclock I tend not to play with voltages, I’d like to oc my cpu back to somewhere between 4.5 and 4.7 does anyone know a good voltage for that or would I be better of trying the motherboards auto overclock mode? and also could it have been a ram xmp issue?

D

Deleted member 2121781

Before re-overclocking, I would try enabling XMP again and see if that causes any issues. If not, then try raising the frequency back up and slowly increase the voltage, running a stress test (Prime95, Aida64, etc.) each time to check for stability. I'm not familiar with the exact voltages for Coffee Lake, but try gradually raising it until the stress test no longer fails.