[SOLVED] Blue screens and unable to reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

So several days ago, I built a new game pc. It seemed to work fine and I updated the Bios first and after that, I installed Windows 10 from USB.
The next day, I downloaded some programs, like Office 365, Spotify and malwarebytes. My pc got a blue screen for the first time and according to the Microsoft website, it could be due to 3rd party anti malware/virus programs, so I deleted malwarebytes.

I also downloaded some launchers so I could play games like The Division 2, but during the game, I received a blue screen again. I found out that I didnt get a gpu driver, so i downloaded it and things went ok again. For 2 days, everything worked really optimal.

However, since yesterday, things went more complicated. During a League of Legends game, I got a blue screen, again, and it said: Memory_Management.
The screen froze and the pc wasn't able to restart. I waited for like 10 minutes but nothing really happened, so I decided to restart the pc manually.
However, every time I kept getting blue screens: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and so on.
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED might be the most annoying one, because it kept coming back. I ended up with tons of reboot loops, without any progress at all. I shut down the computer and checked the RAM sticks, but from the outside, they seemed fine. I haven't run a Windows Memory Diagnostic check on them yet.

This morning, I thought that reinstalling Windows 10 might help. I checked out the Microsoft website and did exactly what they told me to do:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

The first attempt failed; the 2nd attempt seemed to succeed, but it didn't. I got stuck in a 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed' loop.

I don't really know what to do now, so I wondered whether people on this Forum would know.

PC information:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU:
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
MOBO:
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
RAM:
G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB
SSD:
Samsung 860 EVO m.2 1TB
CPU Fan:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
PSU:
Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold
Case:
Cooler Master MasterBox MB520
Monitor:
Samsung LC27JG50QQU

MOBO Version: 2202 x64 (ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 2202)

Last edited:
May 14, 2019
Sure!

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU:
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
MOBO:
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
RAM:
G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB
SSD:
Samsung 860 EVO m.2 1TB
CPU Fan:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
PSU:
Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold
Case:
Cooler Master MasterBox MB520
Monitor:
Samsung LC27JG50QQU

MOBO Version: 2202 x64 (ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 2202)

May 14, 2019
Update:
The 'The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error' loop was my biggest problem, because it didn't allow Windows to install.

I used this solution:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...pectedly/b770f14d-e345-e011-90b6-1cc1de79d2e2

But now I keep running into blue screens again, like:
BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY
And more

The PC entered a continuous restart loop, trying to install Windows 10, turning on and off. An update screen with 64% flashes up and then keep restarting. But every time when it almost finishes the installation, a blue screen appears (System thread exception not handled)

I feel like I should remove all data from my SSD and reinstall Windows, but I can't enter safe mode I think. Any ideas on how to do this?

Last edited:
May 14, 2019
I tried to start up the pc with 1 stick of memory: I used the 2nd dimm slot every time.

The first stick of memory made the PC enter a continuous restart loop, trying to install Windows 10, turning on and off. An update screen with 64% flashes up and then keep restarting. But every time when it almost finishes the installation, a blue screen appears: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The 2nd stick did pretty much the same, but the blue screen error code was different: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

May 14, 2019
Yeah... I don't really know how to do that since I can't enter safe mode I think. Windows can't start up, so I cant use the Windows Start interface to enter safe mode. And Putting the pc on and off 3 times wont work either, because I Windows can't load: it wants to install itself, but can't.

May 14, 2019
I did a bios reset according to the ASUS website:
_
How to reset BIOS?
Please follow below steps to reset the BIOS:

Step 1. Please turn off your device completely.
Step 2. Turn your device on again and quickly press the F2 at the boot process to enter BIOS.
Step 3. Press the F5 in the BIOS to load optimized defaults and select Yes to confirm.
_

But the same thing keeps happinening :S
(PC enters a continuous restart loop, trying to install Windows 10, turning on and off. An update screen with 64% flashes up and then keep restarting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.