Question Blue yeti (not pro) not picking up voice in combination with Steelseries Arctis pro + gamedac

D

Deleted member 2788567

So I own a SS arctis pro + gamedac for about a month and a Blue yeti (non pro) for about 2-3 months, The mic is working as its recognized and I can use it sometimes and fully functions on other pc's that I have tested. (I'm on windows 10)

The issue that I'm having is that if I use discord or any other software the mic is recognized and recognized by windows 10 but its not picking up any sound, after I replug my yeti it starts picking up sound BUT my arctis pro playback sound goes to the gamechat and the gamedac playback option in windows just completely disappears, only after I replug my gamedac it comes back and I have normal audio again and all is perfect untill I restart discord or anything and the mic stops picking up any sound, I've tried almost everything.
Testing it on a other pc, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling gamedac drivers, reinstalling usb host controller, reinstalling the yeti drivers (all by uninstalling them in device manager), replugging it into different usb ports and sometimes a combination of reinstalling and using different ports. Also have searched in the windows settings but even at privacy it is allowed to use my mic, I've checked to see if its disabled in properties tab and checked the mute button on the yeti itself.
I must also note that the Arctis pro + gamedac headset mic works perfectly fine in all situations but I don't want to use that one since I have the yeti.

so I'm thinking its either a software issue by steelseries or blue yeti or windows but I'm not sure and its just frustrating. I might try to get a new usb cable for the yeti to see if this fixes it but I doubt it.:confused_old:

I hope someone can help me out and figure out what is causing this and hopefully be able to fix it.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
It could be that when you're unplugging and replugging the blue yeti, your microphone settings switch to the yeti and so does your headphone settings. Your Yeti has a headphone jack at the bottom, right? try plugging in a pair of headphones to it and do your usual replugging in. See if the sound comes out through there.

D

Deleted member 2788567

The blue yeti has a 3.5mm jack for voice playback, and the arctis pro uses a usb cable to connect to the gamedac and the gamedac uses usb also to connect to my pc. Just like my blue yeti who uses usb to connect to my pc thats why I reinstalled the usb host controllers etc. :/