Question Bluescreen when playing a specific game

Jun 13, 2021
Hi guys, I've been getting blue screened whenever I play resident evil village. The game runs fine but at random intervals, the pc bluescreens or simply crashes into desktop. Sometimes it crashes in the first 5 minutes into the game or maybe after 30 minutes. Strangely, this only happens with resident evil village, and I've tested other games such as tekken 7, ff15, nioh 2 without getting bluescreened.

Specs:
  • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
  • EVGA RTX 2080 Super
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
  • i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • LG 4k TV with HDR mode on
Some of the things I've done to troubleshoot
  1. Replaced my old ram (XPG Z1 DDR4 3000MHz) with the corsair ram
  2. Updated the bios
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10
  4. Turned on XMP profile in bios
  5. Used DDU to uninstall Nvidia driver and reinstalled
  6. Played the game with HDR mode on and off, lowered graphic settings.
Another note is that prior to replaced my ram, the game would crash by hard-freezing during play and making a loud buzzing sound.

From Whocrashed:

On Thu 6/10/2021 12:07:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061021-11546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6C20)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8013591C2D5, 0xFFFFDB82EBD4FA80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x81F9)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Hi guys, I've been getting blue screened whenever I play resident evil village. The game runs fine but at random intervals, the pc bluescreens or simply crashes into desktop. Sometimes it crashes in the first 5 minutes into the game or maybe after 30 minutes. Strangely, this only happens with resident evil village, and I've tested other games such as tekken 7, ff15, nioh 2 without getting bluescreened.

Specs:
  • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
  • EVGA RTX 2080 Super
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
  • i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • LG 4k TV with HDR mode on
Some of the things I've done to troubleshoot
  1. Replaced my old ram (XPG Z1 DDR4 3000MHz) with the corsair ram
  2. Updated the bios
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10
  4. Turned on XMP profile in bios
  5. Used DDU to uninstall Nvidia driver and reinstalled
  6. Played the game with HDR mode on and off, lowered graphic settings.
Another note is that prior to replaced my ram, the game would crash by hard-freezing during play and making a loud buzzing sound.

From Whocrashed:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061021-11546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6C20)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x81F9)
Some things.
No OCing.
Did you get the latest chipset driver and Intel ME?