[SOLVED] Bluetooth Adapters

chobe

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
My disabled daughter chose a inexpensive clock radio with wifi jack. She likes ear buds but is constantly having to deal with tangled cables. I'd like to purchase a LG Neckband headphone which supports bluetooth. I'm hoping I can buy a simple bluetooth adapter and plug into wifi jack but I'm lost about which type of adapter to get - seems most have a 3.5mm rca jack which obviously won't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
My disabled daughter chose a inexpensive clock radio with wifi jack. She likes ear buds but is constantly having to deal with tangled cables. I'd like to purchase a LG Neckband headphone which supports bluetooth. I'm hoping I can buy a simple bluetooth adapter and plug into wifi jack but I'm lost about which type of adapter to get - seems most have a 3.5mm rca jack which obviously won't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
"WIFI jack" and cabled headphones don't make any sense. There is no such thing as a "WIFI jack". Can you provide the make and model of the clock radio so that we can lookup the user's manual?

kanewolf

Titan
"WIFI jack" and cabled headphones don't make any sense. There is no such thing as a "WIFI jack". Can you provide the make and model of the clock radio so that we can lookup the user's manual?

Solution
The manual:

seems to imply that the usb jack is designed for playing back material stored on a usb stick. So it implies this is an input only. This implies that there is no sound transmitted out of the jack so it would not be broadcast via bluetooth. You might be able to use the usb as a charging port for a bluetooth broadcast adaptor attached to the headphone output like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/ZIIDOO-Bluet...s=bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1632714738&sr=8-3