Question Bluetooth Driver Missing

Jul 2, 2020
Hello All! I'll try to explain this quick and thorough. I thank you in advance.

I use a bluetooth LG soundbar as a speaker for my gaming pc. PC is an Alienware Aurora R8. Everything was working fine, I use this bluetooth soundbar all the time, however today it wouldn't connect. I tried over and over, used troubleshoot and couldnt find any problems. I then used the windows help button, it instructed me to forget the device and re-add it.

When I tried to add bluetooth device, a prompt comes up saying couldn't connect. So I restarted my computer and tried again.

I then tried to update the driver through a Windows Update. Installed update and restarted pc again, still nada.

I then use the Get more help with Bluetooth problems, I follow each step and nothing was working. I then tried the step where it prompts you to uninstall the Bluetooth Driver in device manager.

The one identified was called "Bluetooth Driver rfcomm protocol tdi", so I right clicked uninstall. It quickly disappears off the Manager. I tried to scan for hardware changes but nothing came up that driver was still gone. The next step said when you restart your computer Windows would reinstall the missing driver. So I restart my computer and I go back to Device Manager, and the bluetooth device rfcomm is still missing. I try to see if my bluetooth controller can still connect and I find that it CANT! I troubleshoot bluetooth and now tells me my "Device does not have Bluetooth."

I don't know what to do, I have tried looking to download that driver from online but can not find a legitimate download. Now my PC lost its Bluetooth and I've restarted over 10 times trying different things and only followed Windows Forums instructions. I've read other windows help responses to similar problems but no real advice was given.

Please Help! I want to use bluetooth again!