Bluetooth Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Siegler

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I have a Bluetooth Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000, and I run Windows 7 (32bit). Last night I developed a problem that I can't figure out, and it brings up a Bluetooth issue I don't know the answer to. Up until last night all this ran fine.

A little background - about two moths ago I really did a number on the transceiver - I had the computer on the floor, and hit it with my chair. It looks like this. Bent, but still worked. See the pic below for what's left of it (vs a new one in the back). This is the "Tranceiver v3.0 for Bluetooth" that came with the Mouse when I bought it.

img5723u.jpg

Anyway, back to now.. I had walked away from the computer, and when I came back and woke up the machine, I couldn't get my mouse to work. Tried any number of issues, logoff, reboot, resync of Bluetooth transceiver.. Nothing worked. I figured the damage I caused the thing finally forced it to stop working. Certainly wasn't the batteries on the mouse, as I know that was fine.

Right when I had broken the transceiver, I went and bought one off of Ebay as a replacement, however, my old one worked still (despite looking bad). Until last night. So I plugged in the transceiver I bought off of Ebay, and figured I'd pair things up, and I'd be good to go again. No. I plugged in the new one, and Windows thought I had a "Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000". I'm wondering if that was the kind of mouse the person had who I got this from.

Anyway, no variant of uninstalling Intellipoint, hitting the various bluetooth buttons and whatnot will let this new tranceiver see my Laser Mouse 8000. They never get synced up. I went and checked the mouse's manual, nothing there about it. Googled for the problem, and all I could find were older issues. The answer COULD be there, but Google overload prevented me from finding anything useful.

Any ideas as to how I can get these things paired up? Is my theory that these little mice transceivers are meant to be used for only the gadget they shipped with valid? If that's true, is there a way to get the transceiver to forget what device it's paired with so I can do something new? I've tried the buttons unless there's a "factory reset" for it I don't know about.

Sorry for the mash of ideas - I'm not sure where to go with this. Danke.

TheViper

Distinguished
Ferris has the day off so I'm subbing in.

I do believe they are paired to reduce interference in high capacity areas but short of breaking it into tiny pieces I'm unsure how else to get it back to how the original factory settings yet I get the impression that's not the original settings you're looking for.

Joe Siegler

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

Well, the one I got for like $3 off of Ebay was paired with a different brand of mouse. I was looking to see how they could be unpaired, so I can pair it up with the mouse I do have. So yeah, I guess I did need unpairing info. it doesn't seem to exist, unfortunately. :(

Joe Siegler

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

I'm pretty positive I've tried that already, but I'll give it another shot to see if perhaps I missed this specific step.

Joe Siegler

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I solved this problem. The dongle from MS I talked about I could not get to forget what it was paired with. I gave up on that.

I found a dirt cheap generic dongle on Amazon that cost 75 cents. Plugged it in, it paired up, and bam - I'm back in biz with the mouse I really like. Stupid Microsoft dongles.

Status
Not open for further replies.