Question Bluetooth shenanigans again ?

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
When I go to the far bottom right (manage notifications), it shows me that blue tooth is "not connected", so I click it, and it connects, but at the same time, in the "SOUND" section it will show "Not Connected", and I can go back and forth like that ad infinitum if I want. Is there a way to show both areas connected, or am I running something (like RealTek - do I really need it?) which would cause this? Specs below.

Thanks,

Bill

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8300 24 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (Socket M2) 42 °C
Graphics
E321VL (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (MSI) 48 °C
Storage
111GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDEC120GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 41 °C
1863GB MB2000EBUCF ATA Device (SATA ) 44 °C
1862GB Western Digital WD Elements 2621 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) 40 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS324 F ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
delaro, you're gonna hunt me down and kick my butt, but I do have an adapter and it's plugged into a usb port.

I'm so sorry, my friend, but cognitive memory loss is one of my problems and I forgot to list the adapter. I apologize, but I'm very grateful for your time.

Thank you so much for your time!

Bill

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
No worries :ROFLMAO:

-Goto Device manager "Windows + X" and find the adapter in question then delete the drivers.
- Remove the adapter, then plug it back in and see if windblows reinstalls the drivers or uses its generic options.
-If it uses the generic options then you need to search online for the drivers for that adapter.
- Under Sound settings a.k.a " Playback devices" you're going to select "USB Audio device" if it doesn't do it automatically.
-Goto Bluetooth and other devices " Windows + I" and Remove all previously pair connections.
-Turn on Bluetooth and pair your device(s)

All that usually solves connection issues and once you've done it a few dozen times it takes less than a minute. Sometimes you may need to update the firmware of your devices themselves as they also can have issues of their own with pairing and auto reconnection.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Thanks! :D

The adapter is ZEXMTE and when I went to look at it online, it says it's "driverless" just "plug and play", delaro.

Nevertheless, I went to Device Manager, but under Bluetooth, all I saw was "Bluetooth Radio". There are a host of USB's listed, but I wasn't sure which one you want me to choose, so I did all the rest of the stuff.

1) Unplugged and plugged back in. Bluetooth shows OFF under SOUND and also "MANAGE NOTIFICATIONS". Turned on under SOUND, and it went off under MANAGE..... just as before.

2) SOUND SETTINGS doesn't show "USB Audio Device".

3) Went to BLUETOOTH AND...... and unpaired what was paired

Except for finding that the adapter is just plug and play (unless you tell me otherwise where to find the correct USB I.. D. on Device Manager), the problem is the same.

Thanks for your time delaro.

Ralston18

Titan
To help keep track of those little USB devices use a short USB extension cable. 2 - 3 feet or so. Try for a different color cable - blue (USB 3.0) will work even if not using USB 3.0 speeds. Your choices as to length and color.

Plug the USB device into the female port of the USB extension cord and gently wrap into place with a bit of tape. Not too much tape as to cause overheating and/or problems with tape removal.

Just enough tape to keep the USB device connected in the female port. ( Electrical tape not recommended. :) ) Tape may not be necessary if the fit is tight. However using tape does discourage just unplugging the USB device from the cable....

Then use the male end of the USB extension cord to make USB connections as necessary. Plug and unplug as needed.

The extension cable makes the USB device a bit more inconvenient but somewhat more difficult to lose.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
If you look closer at their products you will see "Win8 /8.1/10 Driver-Free "

If your using the adapter without the big antenna then the driver is here.
Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter Win 10-11.zip

It should have shipped with a mini CD regardless of which version you purchased.

Hello again, delaro. Still working on it. I didn't find a mini-cd, but went to the site you linked me to and downloaded (out of winzip) what was there for W10 - 64. There were 170 items that it downloaded.

Just to make sure about the mini-cd, I looked again with all the stuff I keep, but didn't find anything, so then I looked on Amazon, and the instructions tell me that I should download from Windows 7's driver.

The only things I am having trouble with are Alexa and my wireless phones, but now I'm confused (more confused); why, if I'm running W10 would the manaufacturer of this USB BT dongle want me to use the W7 download?

Here is what is on Amazon:

• ✅【NOTE】The USB Bluetooth adapter is compatible with windows 10/8.1/8/7. Win8 /8.1/10 Driver-Free, Plug & Play. Win7 Driver-Needed(Go to the official website or contact us via amazon message or install the driver from the included mini CD) -----
so ----- not having the mini-cd and looking on the site, should I delete what I just downloaded, find W7 and download that?

As soon as I can afford it, I plan to buy a new rig anyway, so if you want to bow out of the mess I created, no harm no foul. You have been awesome trying to help me here and it is appreciated,

Also a huge thanks to Ralston 18 for the advice on keeping track of those adapters!

Bill

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
delaro, I did go o DPinst.exe. It was in a zip file and I extracted it. Then I got 2 choices: SAVE and Download. First I saved it and found it in the list of files. Then I chose DOWNLOAD and in the Installation Wizard I got a message telling me it couldn't find any drivers designed for my machine and to check with the vendor. Also google drive is in there, saying it can't preview and if I went ahead it could harm my computer.

So this is where I am at present.

Thanks

PS: I know I'm no good at this, but I can still play my drums. 😉

PPS: Would it help anything for me to buy the adapter with the antenna?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Unplug the device
Open Device Manager
Plug in the device and see what pops up, does it pop up as "ZEXMTE or Generic"? Do you see a yellow question mark on anything?

PPS: Would it help anything for me to buy the adapter with the antenna?

Probably not it has basically the same chipset. If your thinking of buying another dongle then a different brand would be a better choice.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
delaro, when I did that, it flashed the device manager page several times before it settled down with only the bluetooth emblem and the word "bluetooth" showing. No yellow question marks on anything.

What comes up when I open the bluetooth section are the words "generic bluetooth radio". Otherwise, I did not see the word "generic" or the brand markings on the device anywhere.

Thanks

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: Under the bluetooth symbal there are some additional phrases I wanted you to see:

The first says, Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Also the following:

Bluetooth LE Generic (on that list twice - one underneath the other)

Also "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator"
And "Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator"

Last edited:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Which dongle do you have? 5.0, 5.1 ad 5.3 are the current models.

Example

The 5.0 Dongle uses the Realtek Bluetooth 8761B Driver package, unfortunately, that is a long list and Windblows is instead using its generic 2006 driver. 🤷‍♂️ Probably related to conflicts with your Realtek onboard or the device maker just didn't release anything Windblows can find.

You need to know the exact product ID of the device to make this simple otherwise you would have to try to install each of those 31 drivers until it works.

You can also

ASK ZEMMTE support or call 1-800-000-COSPORA and they can walk you through it. Support unfortunately is in China so there will be a longer delay than I have been giving you.

Or

If you are just frustrated and want to say !@#!@#@%%#! I understand that too as I have a box full of random Chinese adapters that I couldn't get working, for that, I would suggest grabbing the Asus or TP-Link I listed above even though they use the exact same driver but have better support from Windows. Unfortunately, Windblows drivers are based on what the device makers submit to be included in updates which is usually why some work without conflicts and others require you to break a few keyboards in frustration.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Hello again, delaro,

I e-mailed the dongle people and told them all I have told you. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. Thanks for hanging with me through this whole debacle. It means a lot.

Bill