Question Bluetooth won't work ?

dvdtrk

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
Hey guys.

In short, I want to connect my air pods to my pc, however the Bluetooth option is not showing up. I am using a tp-link Archer TX50E adapter for Bluetooth. Upon checking the device manager, the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" driver does not work. Under "Generic Bluetooth Adapter > Properties > Device status" it reads this: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)." I've tried uninstalling the driver and then scanning for hardware changes to re-install it, but no luck no matter how many times I do it. I've tried updating it, no luck. I've tried physically taking out and reinstalling my adapter. Nothing. I feel like I've tried everything that I can find by googling for answers and still, nothing works. What can I do?

Here's the longer version of the story for those who want more detail:

I built this pc probably around 5-6 years ago, so its not exactly new. About a year ago, I got air pods as well as a small ASUS USB adapter for my pc for them to work. I had a pretty bad experience with that adapter. I barely got it working in the first place through sheer will and frustration. After that, I decided to not mess with it anymore. However, it was still tedious to deal with from time to time, so instead I decided to get a tp-link Archer TX50E, a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapter combo that connects through a PCIe port. The Bluetooth feature works by connecting it to a USB pin header on the motherboard via a wire. It was plug-and-play and it worked perfectly with no problems for about half a year.

However, a few days ago, long story short, I messed up my PC and had to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows 10. Despite using the same adapter, the Bluetooth feature no longer works, though the Wi-Fi connectivity does. I suspect after messing around with my previous ASUS USB adapter, it somehow allowed the new adapter to work as well through some setting or download I had done previously? Regardless, the fact that the new adapter used to work before with no problem but doesn't work now on a clean drive seems to indicate that it isn't a hardware issue.

Here's the thing as well, I could've sworn I saw two separate drivers on the device manager before I wiped my SSD, and upon seeing YouTube videos of people showing their device manager, it shows a different Bluetooth driver called "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" instead of "Generic Bluetooth adapter" which I think I had before I wiped my SSD. I tried installing such a driver from the intel website, but no luck, it still keeps the old one.

I'm not sure if I just didn't install it correctly, or if I got the right one, or what. I even tried using the CD that came with the adapter to download drivers through there, despite the fact that I didn't need to use it for it to work before, still nothing. So I'm stuck, and sheer will and frustration doesn't seem to be working this time around.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to ask questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Worth a try:

Double-click "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" in Device Manager to open it's properties box.

Click on the "Driver" tab.

Click "Update Driver".

If still no joy, your bluetooth adapter may be faulty, as indicated by the "Code 43" you referred to in your first post.
("Code 43" means there's a hardware or software problem)

I am unable to help you further on this issue as I can't think of anything else it could be.

dvdtrk

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
Worth a try:

Double-click "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" in Device Manager to open it's properties box.

Click on the "Driver" tab.

Click "Update Driver".

If still no joy, your bluetooth adapter may be faulty, as indicated by the "Code 43" you referred to in your first post.
("Code 43" means there's a hardware or software problem)

I am unable to help you further on this issue as I can't think of anything else it could be.

Yea I already tried that multiple times. I don't get why it would be faulty when it literally worked perfectly before I had to reinstall windows. Its definitely not a hardware issue.