Question Blurness on second monitor

Zackhario

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
Hi all,

I've recently built my boss a computer for work and all is going well until the duel monitor was up and running.

After installing the driver (NVIDIA) The second monitor lit up as it should, however the screen is blurry (This is due to a wrong resolution), you can tell by comparing these two monitors. One is sharp and the other is not. I've checked the nvidia control panel and fiddled around, and I've discovered the PC only recognised the second monitor as a "Analogue monitor" and the range of resolution is lacking whereas the first monitor is showing the correct model and showing 1920 x 1080 resolution as an option.
Of course, I need to get the PC to install driver for the second monitor but it's simply not doing that, I've reinstalled the driver, used the device manager and updated it from there (it says it got the latest update), restarted it, reseated the cables and GPU and still getting the same result. So at the moment, the driver is installed on the first monitor ( Samsung S27F350FHU, connected with HDMI) and second monitor showing as "Analogue monitor" (Same model connected with VGA) What do.

PC Specs
MB: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboar
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 710 DDR3
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
RAM: 16gb
Storage: M.2 SSD 500GB
Both Monitors: https://www.samsung.com/ie/business/business-monitors/led-ls27f350fhuxen/

Thanks in advance.

Zackhario

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
You say the the 2nd monitor is running at the 'wrong resolution'; can you tell what resolution the 2nd monitor is running at?

Since VGA is analog, it usually does look a little 'softer' than HDMI or other digital protocols, but it shouldn't be 'blurry'.

The 2nd monitor is running at 1600x900, it couldn't go any higher than that. I was thinking it could be GPU doesn't have enough power for these particular monitors or the VGA cable is not capable for any higher than 1600 x 900, I'm not entirely sure.