[SOLVED] Blurred text on second monitor ?

Aug 10, 2021
I'm having a weird "issue" with my dual monitor setup. 1060 as my GPU, I have dual MSI G271's side by side as my main screens. Now the minor issue I'm having is that I have the monitors go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity, and SOMETIMES (not always, I can go days between incidents, or have it happen 3x in a day) when the monitors come out of sleep mode the 2nd screen shows some blurry text. It doesn't seem to show up in background, but when a web browser or email or text doc pops up on the 2nd screen it looks all low rez and blurry. Nothing seems to fix it except letting it fall back asleep and then pop it out of sleep mode again and suddenly it's fixed (logging out then back in, as well as restarting fixes it as well). It's always the second monitor, and always when it's monitors have gone to sleep for a while, not when it first boots in. I've tried it with different cables (display port for each monitor) and different ports on the GPU to no avail. Both the same monitor with same refresh and resolution. I'm SUSPICIOUS it's something in windows but I can't seem to find anything that fixes it.

Solution
Tried swapping the monitor psotions?
So that monitor 1 is connected using the exact same cables and ports that 2 is & vice versa.
If the problem stays with the monitor then its an issue with #2.
Aug 10, 2021
yup, if changing positions the other monitor (now monitor #2) will do it too.

again, it's not like it happens all the time, and it's a super easy fix. It's just weirdly annoying

EDIT: I realized I never swapped the cables only and left the ports on the GPU plugged in like normal. I only swapped the ports on the gpu around, and swapped the cables themselves too.... did what you suggested by keeping ports the same and cables the same, but swapping monitor positions ...we'll see if it comes back... since it's hit or miss it might take hours, might take a day or so

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021
well I'll be. It's only on that one monitor. I changed the cables but kept the ports on the GPU the same and it followed that monitor.

so does that mean the monitor is bad? just a goof in the firmware or what?

TRENDING THREADS