[SOLVED] Blurry/fuzzy/pixelated screen suddenly

Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with all 3 of my monitors looking blurry/fuzzy/pixelated. It makes using the PC impossible as you get MASSIVE migraines from it. I'm not sure when this problem first occurred, I just know that I didn't have it a few years ago. I haven't used my PC much since then as I was bedridden due to health issues (yes, for years). The only interactions I had were max 5mins.

It seems everything is affected. Chrome, skype, native windows applications, desktop text & icons, taskbar, and even the windows lock/login screen. Even the menu from the monitor itself looks blurry, but I dont remember what it looked like before so I can't say if that's normal.

I have tried updating and reinstalling nvidia drivers. Tried the XPExplorer.com DPI fix. Tried changing to a lower resolution and/or hz. Nothing fixed it :/

Specs:
3x Asus ROG PG278Q monitors at 2560x1440 144hz connected via displayport
Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Dual GTX 980 Ti's, SLI enabled, driver version 445.75
i7-5960X
16GB RAM
Asus Rampage V Extreme motherboard

Solution
Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with all 3 of my monitors looking blurry/fuzzy/pixelated. It makes using the PC impossible as you get MASSIVE migraines from it. I'm not sure when this problem first occurred, I just know that I didn't have it a few years ago. I haven't used my PC much since then as I was bedridden due to health issues (yes, for years). The only interactions I had were max 5mins.

It seems everything is affected. Chrome, skype, native windows applications, desktop text & icons, taskbar, and even the windows lock/login screen. Even the menu from the monitor itself looks blurry, but I dont remember what it looked like before so I can't say if that's normal.

I have tried updating and reinstalling nvidia drivers. Tried...

RealBeast

Titan
Do you have G Sync disabled? The 980Ti is Maxwell architecture, and AFAIK only Pascal or Turing (the later generations) support G Sync, at least according to NVIDIA for current drivers, don't really know about older drivers but I suspect the same answer.

If it is already disabled, you might try removing the SLI and running two monitors from one card and one from the other then setting the desktops up in Windows.

And very glad to hear that you are better and able to use your computer again!

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

I have tried updating and reinstalling nvidia drivers. Tried the XPExplorer.com DPI fix. Tried changing to a lower resolution and/or hz. Nothing fixed it :/

Specs:
3x Asus ROG PG278Q monitors at 2560x1440 144hz connected via displayport
Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Dual GTX 980 Ti's, SLI enabled, driver version 445.75
i7-5960X
16GB RAM
Asus Rampage V Extreme motherboard

I'm assuming you don't have a blurred vission, please go to NVIDIA control panel and disable scaling. Second step will be going to http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php and recalibrate your monitor. Do every calibration they have there especially the CLOCK and PHASE. Last step is to play with your Hz by going to windows display settings again and play around 60 - 75 or anything that's possible. Also, reconnect your power and signal cables properly and make sure they are not faulty by replacing them with a brand new one.

Solution