Board doesn't make it through post

Micah95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Christmas day means cheer and happiness for all of my computer parts are coming together and i'll be gaming by the end of the day right? Well that's what i thought at least, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I got all of my parts in my case and plugged in, all seemed fine until i turn it on for the first time. I got two sets of three beeps and no display from my video card or my motherboard. So to google I went trying to locate the source of the problem and saw something about maybe my ram/slots were bad; so i tried all four sticks individually in each of the four different slots all with the same result. Back to my laptop I went double and triple checking all of my part compatibility, and it was all good. so as a last resort i reset the CMOS by taking out the battery like it said to in my motherboard manual, put it back in two minutes later and still the same result. So please help I have surpassed my knowledge of what to do from here.

My parts:
intel i5 3.4 ghz 3rd generation
nvidia geforce 660 gtx
corsair vengance lp ram 4x8
gigabyte h77-ds3h motherboard
lg dvd burner
kingston hyper x 128 ssd
seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
coolmax 800w bronze+ psu
apevia mx pider full tower

Micah95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
thanks for the link but i already read it and tried all of and even tried an out of case boot. After some more reading my ram needs to run at 1.6v and the motherboard defaults at 1.5 could that be cause any problems?