Boeing's 787 Aircraft Gets Power For The First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the company, the 787 is expected to make its first flight in Q4 2008 and "enter revenue service" in 2009 after an "extensive" flight test program. The first 25 deliveries of 787 planes to customers are planned for the third and fourth quarter of next year. Boeing claims that 58 customers around the world have ordered "nearly" 900 787s since the program was launched in April 2004, which makes the aircraft, according to the company, the fastest-selling new commercial jetliner in aviation history.

Someone please explain to me why those few words are in quotes. It is far too obvious that those were cherry-picked out of a statement...they are common words. They really don't need to be quoted. If you're going to quote that way, at least just use the original sentence.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]Someone please explain to me why those few words are in quotes. It is far too obvious that those were cherry-picked out of a statement...they are common words. They really don't need to be quoted. If you're going to quote that way, at least just use the original sentence.[/citation]

Generally, when obvious words are quoted in this type of factual reporting, it belies the authors incredulous slant.

The author could not verify the assertions and can only attribute them to the source, hence putting them in quotes to distance themselves from the assertion.

Once you learn how to pick out the "quotes" in a persons words who is speaking, you will have learned a valuable lesson in lying and its many shades.

thatmymp5

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Did u all delete my reply commentary on frozenlead? lol. do wrong also need other pple to back up for your error action. whatever. I dun care and i am done with tomshardware.com commentary because commentaries also wanna to play politic game. lol....this show how lowly u can be hahah.. FYI, ANA is the world 1st 787 Dreamline Owner as they claimed over the news and their website. ANA has been flying 787 since 2007. the one and only airliner who owns it.

Wrong INPUT! Dogs are alway dogs especially a government dogs from singapore! Correct BF2? hahahaha

I dun lie to cover my wrongful doing and lie to earn a living too.

Status
Not open for further replies.