[SOLVED] Boost 5500U performance

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I need some advice on how can Boost the gaming performance of my new laptop with Ryzen 5 5500U processor, 8GB RAM, NVME SSD

Solution

You initially only said how much, which isn't too useful. One of the things that I'm sure rgd wanted to know was the speed of the RAM, which you have now provided with more detailed information.

In all honesty, any improvements are going to be very limited. The hardware is what the hardware is and outside of a few FPS getting additional RAM to work in dual channel, there's just not much you're really going to do to...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You initially only said how much, which isn't too useful. One of the things that I'm sure rgd wanted to know was the speed of the RAM, which you have now provided with more detailed information.

In all honesty, any improvements are going to be very limited. The hardware is what the hardware is and outside of a few FPS getting additional RAM to work in dual channel, there's just not much you're really going to do to "boost" performance. The hardware is what the hardware is.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021

In all honesty, any improvements are going to be very limited. The hardware is what the hardware is and outside of a few FPS getting additional RAM to work in dual channel, there's just not much you're really going to do to "boost" performance. The hardware is what the hardware is.
Well then there's nothing else to do other than to increase RAM, right? Anyway, thanks man

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well then there's nothing else to do other than to increase RAM, right? Anyway, thanks man

As rgd notes, you can also get an SSD which will help general usage speed up. You may be able to squeeze a few more FPS out of these things, but realistically with computer hardware, there's a pretty tight band of performance for any component. That's further complicated with laptops, which generally push their thermal limits at stock and rarely have much headroom for considerably more heat (which any overclocking will naturally do).

Reactions: Vaibhav_Rai@